- Smart Packaging: A New Link Between Manufacturers and Consumers
Inventory control, authenticity, security and the customer experience, with or without RFID, are just part of what the Internet of Packaging has already begun to provide.
- What You Don't Know About Your Physical Assets
Baseball teams know pretty much everything about every player and what happens on the field of play, but companies know next to nothing about what happens in their facilities.
- Europe Leads the Way for RFID
European retailers, manufacturers and other companies have embraced radio frequency identification, and the vast productivity improvements that the technology brings, at a faster pace than businesses in any other region.
- Digital Transformation Must Be Wholistic
Companies that apply digital technologies to parts of their business are creating new silos that will limit their competitiveness.
- What Does "Digital Transformation" Really Mean?
Like "Internet of Things," the term is often undefined, or is defined very differently by various so-called experts. Here's what digital transformation is all about.
- RFID as a Strategic Tool
The technology can do a lot more than tell you where your parts containers are located, yet most companies are not taking full advantage of it.
- How Will U.S. Companies Spend Their Tax Cut?
The tax rate for businesses has been cut to 21 percent, from 39.1 percent, giving profitable firms a nice windfall; smart companies will invest in technologies such as RFID.
- Industrywide Approaches to RFID
The aerospace and defense sectors are being propelled by large players to adopt radio frequency identification.
- Delta's $2 Million Gift to the Auburn RFID Lab
Some companies want to implement RFID on the cheap, while others, such as Delta Air Lines, realize how powerful the technology is and want to get it right.
- Leading Indicators of RFID Trends
More apparel manufacturers, bar-code resellers and investors are signing up for RFID Journal's electronic newsletters. Here's what that means for the industry.
- Where the Money Is in RFID
Investing in radio frequency identification is not just about cutting costs and improving efficiencies. It's also about boosting topline revenue.
- Is Retail Approaching the Tipping Point for RFID?
Data presented at last week's RFID in Retail and Apparel event suggests that adoption of RFID to manage apparel inventory is accelerating quickly.
- What You Can Learn From the NFL
Tracking players and footballs might seem irrelevant to business, but there are things companies can learn from using RFID in this way.
- Is RFID Essential in Manufacturing?
One day, all large manufacturers will use the technology to cut costs and streamline their operations.
- What Business Is Your Company Really In?
Most companies get this wrong and certainly most RFID solution providers get it wrong.