- COVER STORY
- Best Practices for Rolling Out RFID
Companies and systems integrators that have deployed an RFID solution at multiple locations say the key to success is following these eight steps.
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENTS
- NFC Tags for New Business and Consumer Applications
Now that most smartphones are equipped with Near Field Communication technology, RFID providers are offering a wide variety of NFC transponders.
- VERTICAL FOCUS
- Mining Companies Dig Deeper Into RFID
Leveraging an RFID infrastructure can improve productivity and enhance worker safety.
- EDITOR'S VIEW
- Let's Roll (Out)
If you're planning a multisite deployment, RFID Journal's digital magazine could save you a lot of headaches.
- OUT IN FRONT
- Turning Tablets Into Playland
By combining NFC technology and optical sensors, a startup hopes to enable tablets to recognize and interact with multiple toys simultaneously.
- OUT IN FRONT
- The Birds and the Bees—And RFID
A simple tagging procedure could help solve a global problem.
- Promoting Professionalism in the RFID Industry
The International RFID Institute will offer its first certification exam at RFID Journal LIVE! 2014.
- Item-Level RFID Adoption in Retail Gathers Momentum
Kohl's is the latest big chain to announce it is using the technology to manage items in stores.
- SOFTWARE SAVVY
- Gen2v2 Ensures Tags Are Authentic
Counterfeiters will no longer be able to clone or spoof UHF RFID tags.
- TUNED IN
- Will RFID Kill EAS?
Both technologies can perform effectively to thwart theft in retail stores, but one can enable additional benefits.