- Robot Employs RFID to Manage Warehouse Inventory
Fetch Robotics has built Sick RFID technology into its TagSurveyor robot, with which logistics providers and retailers can gain data about tagged inventory without requiring handheld or fixed readers.
- Battling Cargo Theft in Brazil
With the Brazil-ID system in operation, the Wernher von Braun Research Center expects the creation of several services based on the same infrastructure used for toll collection.
- RFID Tracks Fuel Trailers to Prevent Theft in Chile
Technology provider GPS Chile is offering its fleet-management solution to an oil company using Agorabee active RFID technology to link each trailer with a truck, identify the location of the truck and trailer, and gain visibility into when the vehicle leaves its expected route or stops.
- RFID Technology Tracks Conditions Under the Big Top
One Cirque du Soleil troupe has begun using a wireless solution from Blulog to ensure that temperature and humidity levels are comfortable and healthy for aerialists wherever they perform. Blulog has also released a new, low-cost version of its NFC data loggers for a very different industry—food cold supply chains.
- Rental Company Raises Efficiency, Accuracy With RFID
The UHF RFID system from Aucxis enables Dutch furniture rental company Alvero to manage 200,000 pieces of furniture as each is loaded for customers, and again when they return.
- Companies Testing IoT System When Goods Are 'On the Road'
A waste-management firm and a high-value goods logistics provider are piloting a solution from Barcoding Inc., using CalAmp sensor devices and tags as well as software to capture and manage data about goods—even when they are in transit—via a combination of cellular, Wi-Fi, BLE and other technologies.
- New NFC Tag Detects Tampering, Transmits That Status to Readers
Automotive, pharmaceutical and high-value brand companies are testing samples of Smartrac's Circus Tamper Loop tag with NXP's NTAG 213 TT chip built in, to identify whether a product has been tampered with and respond to interrogation with the tampered status.
- Fleet-Management Company Uses IoT Network Across Borders
DRVR's solution for tracking vehicles throughout Southeast Asia leverages Tata Communications' MOVE-IOT Connect SIM technology to provide seamless data access, no matter which cellular network is being used.
- Global Printer Manufacturer Adopts RFID for Color Laser Printing
Manufacturers and logistics companies are using Lexmark's CS725R and CX725R printers to print and encode color labels with built-in UHF RFID functionality.
- Totvs Presents RFID and IoT Solutions at New Showroom
At its new headquarters, the Brazilian firm presents radio frequency identification and Internet of Things systems for companies of any size.
- Companies Testing On-Metal Tag With 20-Meter Read Range
Xerafy's Container Trak tag is being tested by several companies to identify the locations and movements of metal containers or trailers in such areas as outdoor storage yards and distribution centers.
- Solution Provider Builds RFID into Its Platform for Asset, Work-in-Progress Management
While Radley Corp. has been testing and evaluating RFID technology for years, it is now releasing UHF-based solutions for its customers to automate the collection of data regarding inventory and assets at assembly sites, warehouses and logistics centers.
- New Beacon Solution Offers Low-Cost Supply Chain Visibility
Roambee's BeeBeacon system consists of small, low-cost beacon devices and Bee hubs to receive transmissions, using BLE, GSM or Wi-Fi connectivity to track goods in large volume through warehouses, on ships and vehicles, and at stores.
- Ocean ETA Provides Visibility to Location of Vessels and Cargo Contained Within
Savi's new satellite- and cellular-based system for tracking goods from land to sea offers companies access to location and condition data regarding goods traveling across oceans.
- Polish Post Completes RFID Testing at Distribution Center
ProxiGroup's UHF RFID system may next be installed across all distribution sites, in order to make parcel shipping more efficient, as well as boost customer satisfaction.