- HP Kicks Off U.S. RFID Demo Center
Hewlett-Packard debuted its U.S. RFID Demo Center, where the company has set up prototype applications that combine RFID sensing and location and temperature sensing to create multimodal sensor networks.
- Starter Software for RFID Pilots
ConnecTerra offers its Compliance Jump Start middleware as a lower-costing turnkey alternative for managing small-scale RFID systems.
- ODIN Benchmarks RFID Readers
In a new report, the systems integrator tests the performance of four leading EPC readers.
- Checkpoint Offers Fixed-Price Plan
The company will design and deploy an RFID pilot network for one all-inclusive rate.
- SAP Launches RFID Package
The package of applications and middleware is aimed at helping companies take advantage of RFID data.
- Managing RFID Deployment Costs
British Telecommunications’ subsidiary Syntegra launches managed services to plan, implement and operate RFID systems for U.S. companies.
- Infosys Enters RFID Market
Global IT consulting company announces new services to help companies deploy RFID technology economically and quickly.
- Giving Mobility to RFID Data
Defywire’s middleware lets a company build applications that link wireless devices to RFID networks and back-end systems.
- How to Manage All That RFID Data
A Forrester analyst says the answer is to determine when you need real-time data by looking at your critical business processes.
- RF Code Opens Software Platform
The provider of active-tag systems is making its RFID software platform work with passive technology from a variety of vendors.
- Vendor Upgrades RFID Platform
GlobeRanger adds components to its wireless platform to speed up RFID application development.
- Linking RFID to Enterprise Apps
New ConnecTerra software aims to simplify enterprise-wide RFID deployment, data collection and management.
- IBM Introduces New RFID Services
The company aims to help Wal-Mart's suppliers deploy RFID systems based on IBM middleware.
- ABI: RFID Market Poised for Growth
The market research firm predicts that the global RFID market will reach $3.1 billion by 2008.
- Integration Impeding Use of RFID
A new survey says many companies are interested in deploying RFID technology but are concerned about integrating RFID data with back-end systems.