- The RFID Industry Needs Professional Certifications
As the technology is adopted, companies will require a way to judge the skills and knowledge levels of potential hires.
- End Users' Perceptions of RFID Catch Up With Reality
Unfortunately, now it is the solution providers who don't see what's really going on.
- What Ails Microsoft
A much-discussed reorganization is necessary—but not as much as a focus on the next big thing, instead of the last big one.
- Ask the Experts
Last week, RFID Journal published its 1,000th answer to questions from readers.
- RFID and the Future of Engineering
All types of engineers will need to master the technology in the coming years.
- RFID in a Growing Economy
More companies are deploying radio frequency identification, but they need to look beyond single projects that deliver an ROI and plan an enterprise-wide approach enabling multiple benefits.
- Obama Administration Patent Proposals Could Benefit RFID Industry
Reforms to U.S. patent practices could reduce frivolous lawsuits, which would help nascent technologies, including radio frequency identification, get off the ground.
- Carrier Takes Manufacturing to a Higher Level
The manufacturer of heating and ventilation equipment used RFID technology to make a highly efficient plant even more efficient.
- Innovators Stuck With RFID
Renowned futurist Paul Saffo cautioned vendors not to abandon the technology just as it was taking off.
- Bloomingdale's and Others Say RFID Works
Early adopters conducted many tests to prove that it does, which means companies considering the technology can focus on the business benefits it will likely deliver.
- Reflections on RFID Journal LIVE! 2013
RFID Journal's annual conference and exhibition marked the end of the 'year' of pilots, and the beginning of large-scale deployments.
- Expectations for RFID Journal LIVE! 2013
End users committed to significant RFID projects will be common at this year's conference and exhibition.
- Making the RFID Connection
End users and solution providers are beginning to understand the value of RFID Connect.
- A Plethora of RFID Products
Vendors are innovating, and that's good for end users.
- Great Products Need Strong Marketing
RFID technology providers have been masterful at developing solutions to solve end users' problems, but less effective when it comes to telling potential customers about their products.