- Inside Auto-ID Labs
In the excitment surrounding the build-up and ratification of GEN 2, an important lasting vestige of the Auto-ID Center has slipped below the radar: Auto-ID Labs.
- Savi Networks Funded with $50M to Track Ocean Shipments
RFID supply chain solution provider Savi Technology and the port operator Hutchinson Port Holdings last week announced a $50 million joint venture aimed at bringing track-and-trace to ocean shipping.
- Super RFID Gaining Momentum, But Still Years Off
A British company called Instrumental is emerging as an early player in what many experts predict will be as transformative as RFID: sensor technology.
- Conference to Focus on RFID Tag Price
"Low-Cost RFID IC Packaging and Assembly: Roadblock on the Highway to a 5-cent RFID Tag" workshop next week in Austin, Texas, will focus on RFID tag price.
- Marks & Spencer RFID Expansion Tackles Privacy Issue
U.K. retailer Marks & Spencer is expanding the current item-level RFID tagging trial taking place at nine of its stores to include 44 more locations.
- Siemens Outlines Aggressive RFID Plans
Conglomerate Siemens is hoping to establish itself as a major contender in the RFID space this year.
- Tandy Brands Certain of ROI from RFID
Tandy Brands Accessories expects a long-term return on investment from its RFID deployment, even in the face of $150,000 annual costs.
- Department of Defense Wants RFID Shipments
Attendees to a U.S. Department of Defense summit being held this week in Washington, D.C., got an update on the department's RFID initiative: the DOD is ready to accept RFID-tagged shipments.
- Intermec Withdraws RAND Specification from EPCglobal
Intermec has officially withdrawn its commitment to license on a reasonable and non-discriminatory (RAND) basis the RFID-related intellectual property for which it has patents.
- Metro Group Expands RFID Tagging to Cases and Cartons
METRO Group will expand its current RFID program from tagging pallets to tagging cartons and cases, adding one more level of granularity to its aggressive supply chain visibility efforts.
- Intermec Publishes IP Clarification Document
Intermec Technologies has published a statement entitled seeking to clear any confusion about the company's intellectual property with respect to the GEN 2 standard.
- "Smart Box" RFID Shipping Tech Yields Significant Savings
According to a recent report from A.T. Kearney, RFID placed on over-ocean shipping containers can afford significant cost savings when combined with a tracking network.
- VeriSign Plans RFID Security Enhancements
VeriSign will probably announce enhancements to its RFID technology at the EPC Developer's Conference to be held in Chicago this April.
- China RFID Standard Will Not Happen in 2005
According to the executive director of the Article Numbering Centre of China, China will probably not finalize a national RFID standard in 2005.
- WhereNet Deploys RFID Asset Tracking for Army Depot
The Tobyhanna army depot has chosen WhereNet's Real-Time Locating System to automate the tracking and inventorying of its radar systems.