- Packaging Company Tags Its Shipping Containers
Faerch Plast is using an EPC Gen 2 UHF RFID system from Prosign to keep a better eye on the reusable steel cages it utilizes to deliver its products to customers.
- FDA Issues Proposed Rules for Unique Identification System for Medical Devices
The medical manufacturing and health-care industries have 120 days to comment on the new rules, which will require many medical devices to carry a printed text identification number and bar-code label or RFID tag ID that would be stored on an FDA database.
- AL-KO Improves Production Management Via RFID
The German manufacturer of industrial air conditioners now has visibility into which parts are arriving at its final assembly plant.
- GS1 Pilot Program Shows How RFID Can Track International Wine Shipments
GS1 Italy and GS1 Hong Kong have completed a project demonstrating how EPC technology could improve supply chain management, through greater visibility of crates of wine being shipped from Europe to Asia.
- Window and Door Company Doubles Output via RFID
Idealcombi has reduced the time required to produce a custom window or door down to about one minute, using EPC Gen 2 passive UHF tags to automatically adjust the settings on its manufacturing equipment.
- RFID Journal Presents RFID in High Tech
The company's inaugural event focused on the technology sector will educate attendees about how radio frequency identification is being used within the high-tech industry.
- Honeywell Sees Its Optimus 5900 Reader as the First in a Series of RFID Products
The diversified technology manufacturer is now shipping the recently launched UHF handheld interrogator to customers, focusing on the retail market for item-level tracking.
- An E.Leclerc Supermarket Automates Its Pricing
The store has installed thousands of Altierre's electronic shelf labels, enabling it to instantly change the prices of goods, via RFID readers.
- University of Arkansas' New RFID Research Center Parallels Growth of RFID Industry
Officials unveiled plans for the new 20,000-square-foot space, which will include a simulated supply chain, from factory to home.
- Impinj Releases RFID Store Performance Simulator
The new tool could help retailers gain insights into how RFID technology could impact inventory management and store profitability.
- CentrObuv Finds RFID a Good Fit for Shoes
The Russian footwear retailer is using an item-level RFID system from Avery Dennison to track inventory, sales and security at one of its Moscow stores, and at a corresponding distribution center.
- Stanley Healthcare Solutions Acquires Wi-Fi-based RTLS Company AeroScout
With the acquisition, Stanley plans to add real-time location system functionality to future versions of its patient- and asset-tracking solutions for health-care and industrial environments.
- Mojix Announces Availability of Its Next-Generation RFID System
The Mojix STAR 3000 offers cloud-based applications, industry-specific solutions, smartphone compatibly and improved performance, the company reports.
- Registration Now Open for Two RFID Journal LIVE! Europe Events
For the first time, RFID Journal will host two European conferences—one in Norway and the other in the United Kingdom.
- RFID Helps Morgan Thermal Ceramics Save Labor
The company has increased efficiency at its Mexico City plant, using EPC UHF passive tags and readers to track raw materials, as well as finished insulation products, prior to shipping.