- Retailer Rolls Out RFID Across 1,000 Stores This Year
The Foschini Group has committed to deploying RFID technology across its brands throughout South Africa and beyond, beginning with its Markham menswear brand, in order to bring inventory accuracy above 95 percent.
- Brazilian Retailer Manages Merchandise Movement
RFID allows the managers of Lojao do Bras to monitor merchandise movements and make quick business decisions.
- Sensormatic Releases SaaS Loss-Prevention and Inventory-Management System
The company's RFID- and BLE-based TrueVUE solution is designed to offer a low cost of entry for retailers looking to use RFID to track stock and capture shrinkage data in order to improve inventory accuracy.
- Adler Modemarkte Rolls Out RFID Robot Across 45 Stores
After several years of piloting the technology to prove it can bring automated inventory visibility to its stores, the fashion retailer is expanding MetraLabs' TORY robotic technology this summer, with plans to equip all 175 shops by 2021.
- Inventory Accuracy: The Key to Retail Success
At RetailX, speakers explained why having real-time control of what's in stock depends on technology and how this can create competitive winners in business.
- New Retail Kiosk Enables RFID-based Sales
Stora Enso's Intelligent Cabinet features an RFID reader and an antenna to capture the unique ID numbers of tagged goods, enabling un-manned sales for food, beverages or other consumer goods by retailers in such places as office buildings, malls and schools.
- Smart Packaging Industry Estimated to Reach $6 Billion By 2023
At a recent AIPIA event, Smithers Pira addressed how inventory control, validity, authenticity, security and the consumer experience will all be impacted by technologies such as RFID; other companies presented their latest innovations.
- Under Armour to Present at RFID Journal LIVE! Retail 2019
Three teammates from the global footwear and sportswear company will share how its RFID program is helping to elevate its world-class supply chain and retail experience.
- Zebra Survey Finds Warehouses Preparing to Augment Operations With Technology
The company's "2024 Warehousing Vision Study" finds that RFID and RTLS are among the technologies that three-quarters of surveyed businesses plan to use to meet the demands of the e-commerce market, even with labor shortages.
- SML Opens Retail Ideation Space for Item-Level RFID
The new center, located in Plano, Texas, is the first of three such sites the company is launching to place RFID technology into the hands of potential users, as well as to host innovation sessions between users and technology providers.
- RFID Enables Automatic Replenishment for Dutch Retailer
Wild Store is leveraging RFID technology from RFKeeper at its distribution center and at two stores to gain visibility into where goods are located, thereby automating the ordering of new inventory and offering goods for sale from its Web shop.
- NFC Raises Spirits for Tasmanian Distillery
Old Kempton Distillery is providing authentication and content about its whiskey products via HID Global's Trusted Tag solution, provided by Australian systems integrator AusNFC.
- RFID Tracks Bourbon As It Ages
Wild Turkey has employed a UHF RFID system to monitor the aging process of its liquor at three storage locations, while eliminating the time and potential errors related to manually counting its 650,000 barrels.
- RFID in Manufacturing: Virtual Event Presentations Now Available
Hear how manufacturing firms are using RFID to achieve business benefits.
- U.S. Army Testing RFID for Medical Biodefense Management
The military's medical research lab has been applying RFID labels to biological samples for vaccine, drug and infectious disease management research, to ensure that the samples can be identified in freezers without being removed from cold storage.