- The Benefits of RFID in Apparel
There are many advantages for third-party manufacturers, brand owners and retailers. Here are the big ones.
- Online Retailers Have Supply Chain Issues, Too
RFID technology can provide inventory visibility and help ensure that the right products are shipped to customers every time.
- Investors: Ask Retailers About Their RFID Strategy
Inditex's outstanding first half was due, in part, to its use of radio frequency identification, which is why analysts should be asking more publicly traded retail companies about their use of the technology.
- Smart Packaging: A New Link Between Manufacturers and Consumers
Inventory control, authenticity, security and the customer experience, with or without RFID, are just part of what the Internet of Packaging has already begun to provide.
- Achieving Transformational Benefits With RFID
Companies need to think about radio frequency identification as more than just a technology for tracking lost tools or parts bins.
- What You Don't Know About Your Physical Assets
Baseball teams know pretty much everything about every player and what happens on the field of play, but companies know next to nothing about what happens in their facilities.
- BOPIS May Drive RFID Adoption in Retail
"Buy online, pick up in store" is becoming increasingly popular around the world, but it's placing greater demands on retailers to have accurate, near-real-time data.
- Observations from NRF's Big Show 2019, Part I
At this year's event, everyone was selling artificial intelligence solutions—or maybe just artificial artificial intelligence solutions.
- The State of Omnichannel Retailing
The concept of buying via any channel is catching on, but challenges will expand as more shoppers buy items online and pick them up in-store, or buy those goods in-store and have them shipped to their home or another store location.
- Forbes Says It's Time for RFID in Retail
The business publication says the fact that customers want products delivered at any time and to any location means retailers need to use radio frequency identification.
- 100 Million Reasons Why Retailers Should Use RFID
Within only a single week, employees at 2,300 stores counted more than 100 million items using SML's Clarity software.
- For Some Retailers, the Strategy Is Clear—But Can They Execute?
Making shopping in stores as easy as shopping online sounds great, but delivering the experience to customers is a lot more difficult than journalists may think.
- Learning from Target
The retailer, which has embraced RFID as a core of its omnichannel strategy, is setting traffic and sales records, while laggards struggle to develop a coherent strategy for retailing in the 21st century.
- Retail Digital Transformation Guide
RFID Journal's new white paper explains what digital transformation means for retailers and how to do it right.
- Inventory Accuracy Without RFID?
Some software providers are promising to improve retailers' inventory accuracy. Here's why algorithms alone won't work.