- Why More Retailers Haven't Invested in RFID
Is it that they don't understand the value of the technology, are afraid to take risks, or have other priorities?
- Is Video a Threat to RFID?
Amazon Go is using video, which has great potential to work with RFID—but here's why the technology cannot replace radio frequency identification.
- Déjà Vu at NRF's Big Show 2018
As in years past, exhibitors were touting solutions that require retailers to adopt RFID before they will be effective.
- How Will U.S. Companies Spend Their Tax Cut?
The tax rate for businesses has been cut to 21 percent, from 39.1 percent, giving profitable firms a nice windfall; smart companies will invest in technologies such as RFID.
- Delta's $2 Million Gift to the Auburn RFID Lab
Some companies want to implement RFID on the cheap, while others, such as Delta Air Lines, realize how powerful the technology is and want to get it right.
- Leading Indicators of RFID Trends
More apparel manufacturers, bar-code resellers and investors are signing up for RFID Journal's electronic newsletters. Here's what that means for the industry.
- E-Commerce Is Not the Answer
Selling more online will not solve the problems that brick-and-mortar stores face, but omnichannel retailing might.
- When RFID Becomes Obsolete
What new technology will replace radio frequency identification for inventory management, asset tracking and other applications?
- Is RFID Essential in Manufacturing?
One day, all large manufacturers will use the technology to cut costs and streamline their operations.
- Why RFID Is Essential in Retail
There is no way to get inventory accuracy up to 95 percent or better without the technology—and if your inventory accuracy is low, shoppers will simply go elsewhere.
- RFID for Small and Midsize Retailers
Even companies with a single store can benefit from using radio frequency identification technologies.
- RFID Journal's Fall Events Lineup
We'll be hosting conferences for retailers and brand owners in September, for businesses in Europe in November, and for those in the aerospace and defense sectors in December.
- What Is the Future of Retail?
Retailers will soon move to a model by which they sell to customers whenever, wherever and however they want to buy.
- Technology Is the Key to Retail's Future
RFID and other technologies will determine who will dominate as the online and brick-and-mortar worlds merge.
- Observations from NRF's Big Show, Part 2
RFID is gaining mindshare among retail technology providers, as well as more end users.