- Synergy Donates IoT Equipment to Tree Lab
The Dom Cabral Foundation's laboratory is focused on preparing professionals for business models using the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence and blockchain technologies.
- D-Link, Afero Sign Partnership to Offer IoT Security in Brazil
The agreement aims to extend security for automation products connected to D-Link's platform developed for corporate and domestic use.
- RFID Moura Invests in Fostering Youth Interest in Technology
Concerned about the lack of high-level labor in developed markets such as the United States, the company seeks to attract the interest of young people.
- Totvs Presents RFID and IoT Solutions at New Showroom
At its new headquarters, the Brazilian firm presents radio frequency identification and Internet of Things systems for companies of any size.
- RFID News Roundup
Ams launches NFC smart sensor IC for wireless temperature loggers ••• DENSO acquires InfiniteKey ••• RS Components intros smart RFID readers for industrial control panel applications ••• InfluxData announces Eclipse Foundation membership ••• ZigBee Alliance, Thread Group release specification to address IoT industry fragmentation ••• NFC Forum issues call for speakers to discuss RFID, IoT, NFC, AIDC technologies.
- Latest NFC Specs Offer Interoperability to a Growing Market
The NFC Forum's 2017 Technical Specification offers new specs and modifications to existing ones intended to ensure legacy and future Near Field Communication technologies can interoperate as the number of NFC applications swells.
- Alien Technology Certifies RFID Distributor in Brazil
A partnership with Taggen enables the sale of RFID readers, antennas and accessories in that country, all approved and certified by Anatel.
- Small Tamper-Evident Beacon Aims to Prevent Product Theft and Fraud
Companies are purchasing Bluvision's new BEEKs Mini Tamper Proof Tag to protect their high-value assets or supplies, by detecting if someone breaks the beacon adhesive, and then receiving alerts based on that action.
- Security at the Core of Cisco's IoT Initiatives
Executives at the company's subsidiary in Brazil stress the importance of its Kinetic platform for processing Internet of Things data.
- Beacon-Based Solution Brings Intelligence to Offices
Tieto Corp. has seen sales and productivity increase since it installed its own MyOffice solution, using Quuppa beacon technology, to understand how work space is used, as well as automatically enable conference room use, service requests and worker location.
- Shopper Fulfillment Expectations Up, Satisfaction Still Elusive in Study
Zebra Technologies has released its "2017 Global Shopper Study," which measures how well retailers are keeping up with shopper expectations at physical stores and online, with an eye toward improving those numbers with RFID and IoT technologies.
- Passive Sensor Tags to Surpass 5 Million Units This Year
IDTechEx research finds that passive UHF and NFC sensor tags are dominating the RFID sensor market, while battery-assisted sensor tags are also seeing market growth as a relatively low-cost IoT solution.
- Companies Test T-Systems' IoT Technology in Brazil
With the Roambee device, the Internet of Things platform collects data such as location, shock, humidity, temperature, movement, air gases and other environmental variations.
- Zebra Survey Finds IoT Plans in the Works at Most Companies
Only 36 percent of respondents say they have a company-wide intelligent enterprise system, while 57 percent report having a vision in place for some level of Internet of Things expansion.
- BNDES Allots Large Investment to Internet of Things Projects in Brazil
Through funds for innovation, the bank intends to finance projects in areas defined by the country's IoT Action Plan in the next three years.