- RFID to Cut Food Waste in the Supply Chain
Ocean Mist and Costco are among the companies using a battery-assisted passive RFID-based Internet of Things solution from Zest Labs to automatically collect the time and location of goods.
- Internet of Things Brings Intelligence to Hot Tubs
Jacuzzi Brands' SmartTub System features an IoT device from Particle, as well as an app and a Web portal, so hot-tub owners, service providers and Jacuzzi can view data regarding a particular tub's operation and remotely send instructions to adjust that unit's settings.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2019 Report, Part 2
RFID Journal recently held its 17th annual conference and exhibition. View the presentations from the event's main conference sessions and the RFID Journal Awards.
- IoT Driving Entertainment Experiences at Theme Parks, Malls
ITEC Entertainment is providing personalized experiences, guest flow data and equipment maintenance, all with data collected from IoT-based sensors.
- Ocean Floor Data Transmitted With Help from Lobsters
Research company Gloucester Innovation and the Massachusetts Lobstermen Association are building a network to track the health and conditions of the sea bed, using Sigfox LPWAN transmissions to capture data from sensors mounted in lobster traps.
- CYBRA Edgefinity IoT to Be Deployed for Worker Safety
More than a decade after an apparent murder led to RTLS development, the technology is being offered to help prevent injuries, as well as track assets and analyze operations.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2018 Report, Part 2
RFID Journal's 16th annual conference and exhibition was held last month. View the presentations from the event's main-conference sessions and the RFID Journal Awards.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2018 Report, Part 1
Last month, RFID Journal held its 16th annual conference and exhibition. View the presentations from the event's keynotes, general sessions and preconference seminars.
- IoT Data Management Targets Food Safety at Processing Plants
Somax offers a maintenance-management system for Internet of Things data that links to a sanitation department and offers prescriptive maintenance, follow-up sanitizing and quality control to help prevent contaminations.
- European Care Homes Track Patient Rolling in Beds
An IoT-based solution from digitalAngel, using Nalta software and Dell Boomi connectivity, allows facilities such as Carehome Zorgspectrum to identify which patients need to be rolled over, in order to prevent bed sores.
- Irrigation for Corn, Rice and Other Crops Managed via IoT
Cellurar networks hosted by AT&T enables PrecisionKing's solution for managing alternate wetting and drying methods on rice fields, as well as technology from WaterBit, to track soil moisture levels in a variety of crops.
- Atonomi Offers Security Protocol for Blockchain Data Sharing
RFID and IoT data could be shared across a network with the Atonomi solution like a marketplace, to ensure secure and immutable data with blockchain.
- IoT Technology Addresses Climate Change, Environmental Conditions in Lebanon
The private community of BeitMisk is using an air-quality sensor-based solution, while wine company Château Kefraya Viticulture Precision is tracking the conditions around its grapes in order to ensure healthy crops.
- What to Expect from Brazil's Internet of Things Action Plan
The country's federal government has announced a report that will serve as the basis for the development of a national strategy for the IoT.
- RFID in Retail and Apparel 2017 Report
View the presentations from RFID Journal's conference and exhibition for the apparel and retail sectors, held last month in New York City.