- Déjà Vu at NRF's Big Show 2018
As in years past, exhibitors were touting solutions that require retailers to adopt RFID before they will be effective.
- The Best Retail RFID Deployment
It's difficult to compare deployments by different retailers, but Marks & Spencer is certainly a company that others should look to emulate.
- How Will U.S. Companies Spend Their Tax Cut?
The tax rate for businesses has been cut to 21 percent, from 39.1 percent, giving profitable firms a nice windfall; smart companies will invest in technologies such as RFID.
- You Can't Deploy What You Can't See
Lack of awareness about RFID products is hindering adoption.
- Some Defense and Aerospace Companies Are Becoming Serious About RFID
The level of engagement at last week's RFID in Aerospace and Defense event was high, which is a good sign.
- Industrywide Approaches to RFID
The aerospace and defense sectors are being propelled by large players to adopt radio frequency identification.
- Sports, Technology and the Future of Management
Managers of sports teams are being fired for not embracing data analytics. Are business managers next?
- Algorithm (and RFID) Aversion
People often do not trust technology to give them the right information or answers—even when the technology is clearly better than humans.
- Is Retail Approaching the Tipping Point for RFID?
Data presented at last week's RFID in Retail and Apparel event suggests that adoption of RFID to manage apparel inventory is accelerating quickly.
- When RFID Becomes Obsolete
What new technology will replace radio frequency identification for inventory management, asset tracking and other applications?
- What You Can Learn From the NFL
Tracking players and footballs might seem irrelevant to business, but there are things companies can learn from using RFID in this way.
- RFID Journal's Fall Events Lineup
We'll be hosting conferences for retailers and brand owners in September, for businesses in Europe in November, and for those in the aerospace and defense sectors in December.
- A Cautionary Tale for Conventional Retailers
The print publishing industry was slow to adapt to the changes the Internet brought. As a result, many publications did not survive.
- Apple Embraces NFC (Finally)
At its recent developer's conference, the iPhone maker announced that the Near Field Communication reader in its handsets will be open to apps other than Apply Pay, which should give a big boost to the technology.
- Attendee Feedback on RFID Journal LIVE! 2017
More than 90 percent of those who responded to our survey said the event exceeded their expectations.