- Finnish Hospital Deploys RFID in Three Phases
The East Savo Hospital District uses the technology at its main facility to control access, monitor patients' vital signs, ensure employee safety and track assets.
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Is "RFID-Ready"
When the renowned cancer center deployed an asset-tracking system, it took an enterprise approach, paving the way for other applications.
- RFID Makes Radiation Therapy Safer
Commonwealth Newburyport Cancer Center is tracking patients and their charts, to ensure they receive the proper treatment.
- French Biobank Secures Specimens
To improve patient care, Nice University Hospital tracks surgical samples for diagnosis using radio frequency identification.
- RFID Goes to Medical School
The Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, in Texas, is saving time and money by tracking state-of-the-art equipment used to enhance learning.
- 2010 RFID Journal Award: RFID Helps Heal Body, Mind and Spirit
A patient-tracking system at the Disney Family Cancer Center improves services and reduces anxiety for those undergoing treatment.
- RFID Helps Understaffed Hospital Focus on Patients
At Pantai Hospital Ipoh, in Malaysia, RFID automates routine tasks, giving nurses time to provide quality patient care.
- Memorial Hospital Miramar Builds Benefits Onto Its RTLS
The Florida facility deployed an RFID-IR real-time locating system from Versus Technology to improve patient care. Now it also employs the solution to manage room turnover, track and monitor medical equipment, and automate workflow processes.
- A Tech-Savvy Medical Organization Gives the Thumbs-Up to RFID
Intermountain Healthcare implemented an RFID system to improve the speed and accuracy of laboratory testing.
- Special Olympics Scores With RFID
The technology helps to facilitate the organization's Healthy Athletes initiative, which provides free health screenings for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Preconference Seminar: RFID in Health Care
This one-day preconference seminar introduced participants to RFID applications in health care. Presenters explained the business case, ROI and impact of RFID in the health-care environment, to help attendees learn how to cut costs and improve patient outcomes.
- 10 Presentations From RFID Journal LIVE! 2009
Speakers at the conference offered numerous case studies on monitoring assets, inventories, items, temperatures and more.
- How RFID Delivers Shipping Accuracy and Cost Savings
In this PowerPoint presentation, with audio, recorded at RFID Journal LIVE! 2009, Dave Johnson, director of distribution and logistics, DePuy, a division of Johnson & Johnson, explains how his company implemented an RFID system that dramatically improved shipping accuracy, shortened the typical check-in and -out times for kits of medical devices and made it possible to more accurately bill surgeons for the items they actually use.
- Using RFID to Optimize Medical Device Inventories at St Elizabeth Medical Center
In this PowerPoint presentation with audio, you will hear how St. Elizabeth Medical Center, in Utica, N.Y., was able to optimize inventory levels and better manage consignment stock, expired products and recall notifications with RFID.
- U.S. Department of Energy Employs RFID to Safeguard the Country
The Argonne National Laboratory developed an active RFID system that tracks nuclear materials to protect human health, the environment and national security.