- 2010 RFID Journal Award: RFID Helps Heal Body, Mind and Spirit
A patient-tracking system at the Disney Family Cancer Center improves services and reduces anxiety for those undergoing treatment.
- RFID Helps Understaffed Hospital Focus on Patients
At Pantai Hospital Ipoh, in Malaysia, RFID automates routine tasks, giving nurses time to provide quality patient care.
- Memorial Hospital Miramar Builds Benefits Onto Its RTLS
The Florida facility deployed an RFID-IR real-time locating system from Versus Technology to improve patient care. Now it also employs the solution to manage room turnover, track and monitor medical equipment, and automate workflow processes.
- A Tech-Savvy Medical Organization Gives the Thumbs-Up to RFID
Intermountain Healthcare implemented an RFID system to improve the speed and accuracy of laboratory testing.
- Special Olympics Scores With RFID
The technology helps to facilitate the organization's Healthy Athletes initiative, which provides free health screenings for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Preconference Seminar: RFID in Health Care
This one-day preconference seminar introduced participants to RFID applications in health care. Presenters explained the business case, ROI and impact of RFID in the health-care environment, to help attendees learn how to cut costs and improve patient outcomes.
- 10 Presentations From RFID Journal LIVE! 2009
Speakers at the conference offered numerous case studies on monitoring assets, inventories, items, temperatures and more.
- How RFID Delivers Shipping Accuracy and Cost Savings
In this PowerPoint presentation, with audio, recorded at RFID Journal LIVE! 2009, Dave Johnson, director of distribution and logistics, DePuy, a division of Johnson & Johnson, explains how his company implemented an RFID system that dramatically improved shipping accuracy, shortened the typical check-in and -out times for kits of medical devices and made it possible to more accurately bill surgeons for the items they actually use.
- Using RFID to Optimize Medical Device Inventories at St Elizabeth Medical Center
In this PowerPoint presentation with audio, you will hear how St. Elizabeth Medical Center, in Utica, N.Y., was able to optimize inventory levels and better manage consignment stock, expired products and recall notifications with RFID.
- U.S. Department of Energy Employs RFID to Safeguard the Country
The Argonne National Laboratory developed an active RFID system that tracks nuclear materials to protect human health, the environment and national security.
- RFID Pumps Up Women's Workouts
Curves International has introduced an automated personal-training system that gives the fitness company a competitive advantage.
- Integris' Journey to RFID
Having already dipped its toes into the RFID waters, Oklahoma's largest health-care provider is eager to dive in deeper.
- From Farm to Fork
Norway's Nortura is using RFID to bring increased efficiency to meat production.
- RFID Synergy at a Netherlands Hospital
The University of Amsterdam's Academic Medical Centre worked with a group of partners to test three RFID applications simultaneously.
- Recall Corp. Uses RFID to Recall Cartons
The document and records storage and management company introduced an RFID system to provide audit services for its customers.