- Florida Fire and Rescue Supplier Extends Visibility via RFID
The Bonita Springs Fire Control and Rescue District, using RFID tagging services from supplier QuadMed and a solution from Silent Partner Technologies, has reduced its inventory spending by 30 percent, while the Broward County Sheriff's Fire and Rescue Office plans to track the goods it uses and sells for emergency services.
- RFID Provides Tissue-Tracking Gains for Hospitals
St. Dominic's, in Jackson, Miss., and North Kansas City Hospital are both using an RFID-enabled tissue- and implant-tracking system that includes TrackCore software to manage each item's location and status, as well as Terso RFID-enabled cabinets and coolers.
- RFID Solution Cuts Scrubs Costs for Virginia Hospital
LewisGale Medical Center has saved approximately $40,000 in scrub inventory expenses by managing the use of the medical-procedure uniforms with Autovalet Systems' CabiNet RFID Scrub Dispensers and DressCode software.
- Integration Brings Wi-Fi-Enabled Data from Pumps to RTLS
Stanley Healthcare is offering integration with Baxter infusion pumps so that users of the MobileView RTLS solution can track each pump's location and status without RFID tags.
- RFID Helps Link Penguin Swimming Rates to Bumblefoot Infections
The Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden has equipped 13 of its penguins with RFID tags and installed readers at swimming pools, in order to determine how much time the aquatic birds spend in the water and correlate that data with the presence of lesions growing on their feet.
- Polish Cancer Center Tracks Drug Temperatures via a Real-Time NFC-enabled Solution
The system, from Bluog and Utz Group, includes NFC-enabled data-loggers, Near Field Communication readers attached to containers, and a cellular or Wi-Fi connection to software managing the read data.
- Nebraska Hospital Boosts Efficiency, Patient Care With RFID
Cardinal Health's Inventory Management Solutions, installed at Nebraska Medicine, track the storage and use of high-value supplies for surgical procedures, thereby reducing out-of-stocks and expirations, while also automating patient billing.
- RFID Furthers Operational Efficiency for New York Hospital
Northern Westchester Hospital is using a passive UHF RFID solution from Quake Global to identify the specific pod in which equipment is located.
- Irish Hospital Tracks Precious Samples
St. James's Hospital is identifying the locations and movements of biopsy tissues extracted from surgical patients, thereby ensuring that no samples end up missing, and is also using RFID to track artwork.
- Hospital Updates Its Infant-Security System
Conway Regional Health System adopted TotGuard to prevent abductions.
- RFID Helps Secure Dignity for Senior Community Residents
McLoughlin Place uses BriefWise to non-intrusively check the incontinent for wetness.
- Community Hospital Finds RFID Is a Good Fit
Wayne HealthCare uses the technology to lower the cost of managing IT assets and improve patient services.
- RFID Gets to the Root of Surgical Services Problems
Florida Hospital uses real-time location data to understand why delays and bottlenecks occur, to improve OR performance and patient satisfaction.
- A Healthy Partnership Solves Hospital Problems
TrackCore's Operating Room software, integrated with Terso's RFID cabinets, automates tissue and implant tracking, improving efficiencies, facilitating government compliance and boosting nurse satisfaction.
- Toronto Hospital Improves OR Department
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre RFID-tracks surgery patients to reduce bottlenecks and keep family members and friends informed.