- Keep the IoT Free (Patent Battles Not Welcome)
By Keith Bergelt
In order for the creativity and inventive capacities of the hundreds of thousands of people developing around open-source projects or platforms to be realized, it is vital that patent non-aggression be safeguarded.
- RFID and Blockchain Are Changing Supply Chains
By Luke Hatkinson-Kent
The technologies are only just beginning to work together, but they could have a positive impact on the logistics industry in the future.
- Machine Learning Helps IoT Deliver a New Channel for a Better, More Secure Payments Experience
By David Excell
Faster and easier payments often come at a risk, but machine learning can simplify our understanding of those behaviors that lie outside a user's normal patterns.
- Framework for an IoT Developer Kit
By Carlos Yaconi
What does the optimal Internet of Things platform contain?
- FCC Nabs Residential Bitcoin Miner Operator for Apparent Interference With T-Mobile's Wireless Broadband Network
By Ronald E. Quirk
The agency has ordered the suspect to respond to a series of questions about the bitcoin minder, including his use of the device, the make and model number, FCC labeling compliance, and identification of the vendor that sold it to him.
- Streamlining IoT Device Provisioning
By Phil Dawsey
With elegant solutions, companies can overcome challenges to scalability, enabling billions of devices to enter the field.
- Top Eight Questions to Ask When Choosing a Data-Storage Strategy for Your IoT Solution
By Jay Srinivasan
What should engineering directors or managers, when selecting a database, ask in order to ensure that all options have been considered?
- AGV IIoT Monitoring: Lean Six Sigma Monitoring
By John Hayes
Manufacturers can now concretize data and make it actionable, predictive and fundamentally useful.
- The Untapped Potential of the IoT and Smart Utilization of Heavy Industrial Assets
By Sukant Acharya
IIoT projects work best with an outcome-centric approach coupled with design thinking, which applies new-age technologies in the context of a domain to create tangible impact for sustainable competitive advantage.
- Growing Regulation of IoT Security
By Ofer Amitai
Hopefully, 2018 will mark the start of a new era in Internet of Things security regulation, in which governments, consumers and enterprise customers will begin demanding protection from device manufacturers.
- 26 Billion Service Calls Will Cost a Bundle
By Rick Marquardt
What's your strategy for reducing costs and increasing efficiency in an IoT world?
- A Multifaceted Approach to Autonomous Vehicle Cyber Security
By Manish Dwivedi
Protecting vehicles will require efforts from ECU vendors, supply chain management teams, car manufacturers and security researchers.
- Seven Lessons for IoT and Data Teams to Remember in 2018
By Dimitrios Spiliopoulos
Data and connected products and services are two sides of the same coin.
- IoT Security from the Ground Up
By Chris Francosky
How to safeguard your network in the age of the Internet of Things.
- The Limit Does Not Exist: Why Defending the Perimeter Is Not Feasible in the IoT
By Chirag Pathak
Perimeter defense technologies can help in blocking external attacks, but often fail to prevent attacks by inside devices or apps.