- NXP's Smart Market Demonstrates RFID for Shopping Experience
The market at the recent Consumer Electronics Show featured wearable NFC and UHF RFID wristbands and a variety of solutions for engaging with consumers, enabling them to purchase goods and providing inventory accuracy for stores and brands.
- Irish Lift Equipment Company Offering HF RFID-Based Inspections
Ireland's Electricity Supply Board utility is among the businesses using passive 13.56 MHz RFID tags on its lifting machines to ensure the automated capture of safety equipment testing and inventory-management data.
- Rafik Jeans Tests RFID to Track 50,000 Items
The Brazilian company controls the production of goods in São Paulo and Minas Gerais, as well as sales in 19 other cities, including Bahia and Goiás.
- Plastics Company Prevents Errors With RFID
Aurora Plastics has adopted a system from Quest Integrated Solutions, using Janam hardware, that not only helps prevent costly mistakes in the process of off-loading plastic resin, but also improves rail-yard management.
- IoT Aids Scooter Sharing for Cities, Companies
Premier Wireless Solutions is teaming with Internet of Things sensor and connectivity company CalAmp to provide a cellular-based solution to detect where motorized scooters are located as they are operated or parked, and to enable individuals to find, pay for and unlock the scooters via an app.
- Kerlink Brings LoRaWAN Connectivity to Scotland, Japan
Network and technology providers are signed up to provide the firm's hardware, network server, software and application for IoT-based solutions to track and manage data about infrastructure and assets for greater efficiency.
- Japanese Retailers Trial UHF E-ink Paper Label
The new RFID-enabled label with e-ink paper, developed by E Ink Corp. and Fujitsu Semiconductor, is intended to boost logistics efficiency in Japan's convenience store market.
- Global Rental Company Achieves Near-100 Percent Inventory Accuracy
An RFID solution from CoreRFID has given Lowe Rental visibility into 10,000 of its refrigeration and catering assets as the rental company expands its UHF technology use around the world.
- IoT Company Brings Analytics to Customers' Data
Orbcomm's analytics service is intended to enable logistics companies, fleet managers and original equipment manufacturers to understand the intelligence behind real-time data capture so they can boost efficiency, reduce costs and improve product quality.
- Skiers Gain Art-Decorated RFID for Lift Access at Granite Peak
The system, provided by SKIDATA, will allow season- and day-pass owners to access the resort and lifts hands-free using an RFID card, and to utilize the same pass—which features artwork from a different local artist each year—to collect loyalty points and engage with the resort later in the season.
- Fresh Food Provider Sees £150,000 Savings With RFID
Reynolds built its own UHF RFID-based system to track its approximately 60,000 reusable crates as they are packed, then shipped to and returned from customers; the company is now examining other ways in which the technology could help track product shipments or forklift transit efficiency at its distribution center.
- Store Reduces Checkout Time by 80 Percent
The Mari Semi Joias Group has also managed to reduce overtime costs and inventory control, thanks to a solution from RFID Moura.
- Piticas Reduces Inventory Counts from Five Hours to Six Minutes
The network of stores and kiosks has adopted an RFID solution from Presence to increase business efficiency at its 330 stores throughout Brazil.
- Brazilian Retail Chain Reduces Overtime Costs
Lojas Ki Barato's use of RFID has improved inventory control, decreased expenses and increased employee efficiency.
- Brazilian Sugar and Ethanol Company Uses RFID in Agribusiness
Technology developed by CPqD allows Usina São Martinho to reap the fruits of processes steeped in the Internet of Things.