- IoT Company Brings Analytics to Customers' Data
Orbcomm's analytics service is intended to enable logistics companies, fleet managers and original equipment manufacturers to understand the intelligence behind real-time data capture so they can boost efficiency, reduce costs and improve product quality.
- Skiers Gain Art-Decorated RFID for Lift Access at Granite Peak
The system, provided by SKIDATA, will allow season- and day-pass owners to access the resort and lifts hands-free using an RFID card, and to utilize the same pass—which features artwork from a different local artist each year—to collect loyalty points and engage with the resort later in the season.
- Fresh Food Provider Sees £150,000 Savings With RFID
Reynolds built its own UHF RFID-based system to track its approximately 60,000 reusable crates as they are packed, then shipped to and returned from customers; the company is now examining other ways in which the technology could help track product shipments or forklift transit efficiency at its distribution center.
- Store Reduces Checkout Time by 80 Percent
The Mari Semi Joias Group has also managed to reduce overtime costs and inventory control, thanks to a solution from RFID Moura.
- Piticas Reduces Inventory Counts from Five Hours to Six Minutes
The network of stores and kiosks has adopted an RFID solution from Presence to increase business efficiency at its 330 stores throughout Brazil.
- Brazilian Retail Chain Reduces Overtime Costs
Lojas Ki Barato's use of RFID has improved inventory control, decreased expenses and increased employee efficiency.
- Brazilian Sugar and Ethanol Company Uses RFID in Agribusiness
Technology developed by CPqD allows Usina São Martinho to reap the fruits of processes steeped in the Internet of Things.
- Digital Twins Bring Value to Big RFID and IoT Data
PACCAR is using a digital twin model to manage the maintenance and repair of some engines, by creating a virtual version of an engine based on sensor data from the real-world versions.
- Rental Company Raises Efficiency, Accuracy With RFID
The UHF RFID system from Aucxis enables Dutch furniture rental company Alvero to manage 200,000 pieces of furniture as each is loaded for customers, and again when they return.
- Q-Track Kit Provides RTLS Coverage at Low Cost
The company's new kit is aimed at companies for which traditional real-time location systems are too expensive or complex, and can be installed and commissioned by a user within a matter of hours.
- RFID Prevents Errors, Automates Movement of Heavy Machinery
The GuardRFID active RFID solution is enabling Linder Industrial Machinery to automatically track when each asset arrives at one of its yards; where it is cleaned, maintained or stored; and when it is shipped back out to another customer.
- General Motors, Boeing to Keynote at RFID Journal LIVE! 2018
RFID Journal's 16th annual event, being held in Orlando on Apr. 10-12, will feature an impressive lineup of new case studies exploring how to use RFID to create business value.
- Hospital Pharmacies Using RFID-Enabled Medication from QuVa Pharma
The compounder has been providing its prefilled medication syringes to its customers since late 2017 using technology from Kit Check, to enable those customers to receive and manage the receipt, movement and administration of medications to boost safety and efficiency.
- Tieto Corp. Beacon Solution Brings Intelligence to Offices
The system, provided by Quuppa, has helped the company to increase sales and productivity, understand how its workspace is being used and automatically enable the utilization of rooms.
- Levi's Tests RFID Use Successfully
A number of factors, including greater efficiency in the repositioning of goods for sale, led the company to sell 56 percent more apparel this year on Black Friday than in 2016.