- UWB Technology Brings Signalization to Turkish Mining Company
ESAN is using RFID to control the movements of vehicles into and out of its underground mines, thereby increasing productivity and reducing fuel consumption and labor time.
- Door Factory Gains Logistical Efficiency
A company in Santa Catarina has halved its container-loading times, while efficiently controlling its inventory of more than 600,000 units.
- Lockheed Solution Tracks Fighter Jet Parts Around the World
The RFID-, GPS-, cellular- and satellite-based system allows the aerospace company to track the components of multiple aircraft lines from when the parts are packed in containers until they reach their destination.
- RFID in Aerospace and Defense 2018 Report
View the presentations from RFID Journal's recent conference and exhibition, held in Arlington, Va.
- BLE Provides RTLS for Tracking Production at Auto Ceramics Company
NGK Automotive Ceramics has reduced the amount of labor required to search for palletized products as they move through a partially automated system, using Quuppa technology and Thinkinside management software.
- RFID Drives Efficiency, Sales for Carvana
The online car retailer is managing the location and status of tens of thousands of used vehicles as they are received, inspected, processed and delivered to hubs and then to customers.
- Anheuser-Busch Brews Up RFID Keg-Tracking Pilot
A UHF RFID system from Velociti, utilizing technology from TrackX Holdings, will track 5,000 beer kegs at the company's Huston plant as they are tested, filled, shipped and received back from customers.
- Sporting Goods Retailer Boosts E-Commerce Efficiency
An RFID solution from Lyngsoe Systems and Consignor enables XXL to automatically detect if an e-commerce "pick up at store" order parcel is being shipped to the wrong location, thereby preventing errors before they can happen; the system can identify when goods reach a store, then send a text message or email to the consumer.
- RFID Cuts Worker Alert Response Time in Half
Gilbane Building Co. has reduced the amount of time it takes to respond to a worker's help call by about 91 percent, using an RFID solution from Triax to automatically detect a potential injury and issue an alert with that individual's location to the medics onsite.
- Aerospace Company Gains Efficiency Threefold With RFID
BAE Systems' deployment of RFID technology, enabled by sensor integration from Boeing's Tapestry Solutions, has boosted efficiency and reduced labor for supplies management, tool and asset tracking, and work-in-process visibility.
- RFID Cuts Queue Waits, Boosts Truck Turnaround Times at Indian Plants
Ashok Leyland has deployed a UHF system from Vicinity RFID to automate the arrivals and departures of trucks delivering and picking up materials at three plants, and has thereby cut average turnaround times by more than two hours.
- Understanding Beer Drinkers, One RFID-Enabled Pour at a Time
Pacific PourHouse is among the most recent companies to launch an RFID-based self-serve beer wall that not only has put beer pouring in the hands of customers, but also feeds intelligence about drinking habits to management, helping them stock the most popular beverages.
- Conference Improves Attendee Flow, Meal Planning via RFID
The Charleston Defense Contractors Association has been able to re-strategize its session locations, as well as reduce the amount of waste in food costs, by better understanding attendee behavior and traffic movement.
- New York Builder Brings Safety With Visibility via RFID
An active RFID system, provided by Triax Technologies, enables Lettire Construction Corp. to track the locations of 140 workers on its site at any given time, to ensure that they are authorized to be there, are not in harm's way and are working where they should be.
- Cashew Company Improves Deliveries, Supply Chain
Thanks to Ceará Votu's UHF RFID solution, Cione has streamlined processes, monitored its supply chain and ensured 100 percent accuracy in its deliveries.