Home Internet of Things Aerospace Apparel Energy Defense Health Care Logistics Manufacturing Retail

Tags and Readers Discussion

DiscussionsTags and ReadersRFID passive range

RFID passive range

By F. Konkowski 2020-01-14 01:59:15 PM

Hi all

I am looking for suppliers of RF modules and I hope you help me with choosing the right one. Specifically, I am interested in the RFID readers and appropriate antennas. I am working with a design that needs to follow the requirements listed below:

1) range between tag and antenna about 10-20cm

2) materials between tag and antenna:

~5cm wood plate,

~5-10cm polyurethane or polyester

~0-5cm air

3) possible some metal bolts in PU/PE

4) tag will have to be wristband

5) the antenna max size about A5 paper sheet

To specify:
The position of tags may differ so perfect would be circular polarized antenna. The set will possibly work off-grid so would be nice to have something requiring less power. The tag will be connecting with very low frequency about 1 tag per 1-2 seconds.

I was hoping to find modules in low-frequency solutions. I am aware that distance of 10-20 cm may be a hard to get with LF/HF. I am also considering short-range UHF but the price of the module needs to be considered.

I would be grateful for your advice what module to choose.

Please let me know if there is anything else I need to clarify. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Login and reply to this post!

Not a member?

Signup for an account now to access all of the features of RFIDJournal.com!

Thread Messages

TOPIC DATE
RFID passive range
By F. Konkowski

Start A New Discussion

PREMIUM CONTENT
Case Studies Features Best Practices How-Tos
RFID JOURNAL EVENTS
Live Events Virtual Events Webinars
ASK THE EXPERTS
Simply enter a question for our experts.
TAKE THE POLL