Home Internet of Things Aerospace Apparel Energy Defense Health Care Logistics Manufacturing Retail

Privacy Discussion

DiscussionsPrivacyPrivacy - what is it any more?

Privacy - what is it any more?

By S. 2007-05-04 04:00:33 PM

As a consumer, I am appalled that this technology is being shoved down our throats. It is absolutely no corporation's business to know what I do, where I go, how I use their product or anything else about me or my family.

This is nothing but a sham to control the public by making it seem like business must have this information to market its products. The sham is that businesses want to be involved in every detail of my life down to the toilet paper and personal products I use and how often I use them. Isn't this the most invasive of all technologies?

I refuse to buy ANY product that is now using RFID or going to start using it. I will not shop at stores with "loyalty cards" and I will not buy products that I already know have RFID in them, such as Gillette. Nor will I shop at Walmart any more because the corporate offices are mandating the use of RFID and has completely walked away from Sam Walton's vision of family values.

Shame on you all for lying to us, the consumers!!!

Login and reply to this post!

Not a member?

Signup for an account now to access all of the features of RFIDJournal.com!

Thread Messages

TOPIC DATE
Privacy - what is it any more?
By S.

Start A New Discussion

PREMIUM CONTENT
Case Studies Features Best Practices How-Tos
RFID JOURNAL EVENTS
Live Events Virtual Events Webinars
ASK THE EXPERTS
Simply enter a question for our experts.
TAKE THE POLL