- Mikoh Develops Reusable Container With RFID Security Seal
The company's SecureContainer system features a passive tag designed to notify an RFID interrogator if a sealed container has been opened while passing through the supply chain.
- Discover Teaming With Motorola on NFC, Mobile-Banking Trial
Participants can use phones with Motorola's new M-Wallet platform to check Discover account balances, make RFID-based payments and more.
- RFID4SME Seeks to Help Small-to-Midsize European Companies
Four research institutes in Ireland, Spain and Germany are carrying out RFID information campaigns, demonstration projects and proof-of-concept studies for SMEs in their regions.
- Survey Predicts Majority of Retailers Will Accept RFID Payments by Fall 2008
To fully benefit from RFID payments, retailers need to capture data related to purchasing habits, demographics and interests of customers, according to a new study.
- Safeway Tracks Shipments to Alaska Stores, DCs
The supermarket chain is using a system of active RFID tags and readers to track cargo containers transported by shipping and logistics company Horizon Lines.
- T3Ci Aims to Help Fight Drug Counterfeiting
Developed in conjunction with one of the world's top drug companies, T3Ci's future services will rely on newly patented software mechanisms.
- Yakka Uses RFID to Size N.Z. Military
The clothing maker says passive tags help it provide correctly fitting uniforms to recruits more quickly.
- Packaging Maker Offering Tamper-Evident RFID Film
Pliant, a provider of stretch film and specialty packaging, has developed a plastic wrap that uses RFID and conductive materials to make pallets tamper-evident.
- Daisy Brand Deems RFID a Success
The sour cream maker says it has operated more efficiently since deploying its RFID system last year, and that expansion plans are underway.
- Starbucks Keeps Fresh With RFID
The coffee purveyor is tracking perishable foods en route to its stores, to ensure they arrive unspoiled.
- Visa Gives Its Contactless Payment Card Program a Global Push
The credit-card company is promoting its global spec for RFID-enabled Visa credit and debit cards. It has also announced a U.K. rollout.
- Cold-Chain Project Reveals Temperature Inconsistencies
Deloitte Consulting worked with the University of Arkansas' RFID Research Center to offer Chiquita insight into the temperature history of perishables in transit.
- Italian RFID Lab Launches Warehouse Project
Headed by the University of Parma's RFID Lab, the project has the support of 20 major manufacturers and retailers of fast-moving consumer goods.
- Northern Foods Seeks to Integrate RFID Data Into Enterprise–wide Apps
In 2007, the U.K. supplier of baked, refrigerated and frozen goods plans to use its RFID system to generate shipment documentation for drivers and, eventually, to create electronic advance shipping notices for retailers.
- RFID Journal Announces Keynote Speakers for RFID Journal LIVE! 2007
RFID Journal's fifth annual conference and exhibition, to be held Apr. 30 to May 2, 2007, will feature addresses by Wal-Mart CIO Rollin Ford and Sara Lee CIO George Chappelle.