- Pixie Wants to Find Things for Consumers, Businesses
The Israeli firm integrated DecaWave's UWB technology into tiny location-tracking tags that work in conjunction with an augmented-reality smartphone app.
- Wireless Sensor Listens for Troubling Coughs
CoughAware has been designed to help caregivers of young or elderly patients to respond quickly to impeding respiratory attacks, and possibly avoid the need for hospitalization.
- New Bluetooth Standards Could Be a Boost to the Internet of Things
The Bluetooth Special Interest Group has not only introduced a new energy-saving specification, but also plans to release an update that promises to double BLE's data speed and quadruple its read range.
- Kyocera Hopes Sensor-based Service Will Promote Healthier Lifestyles
The Japanese electronics company is offering Daily Support—a solution for tracking physical activity, sleep and food intake—to employers, health-care providers and insurance companies.
- Beacons Give Treats to Voodoo Festival Attendees, On and Off Site
During the Halloween weekend, the New Orleans event used Gimbal Bluetooth beacons, an Eventbase app and TouchTunes jukeboxes to deliver information and promotional offers to individuals at the festival and across the city.
- Taggalo's Customer-Analysis Platform Marries Video, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Beacons
The Italian startup says its device and analytics service can help retailers better understand who their customers are, as well as their interests and patterns.
- Museums Embrace Beacon-Based Audio Tours
Muzze provides hardware and a mobile app that make it easy for museums large and small to offer digital content based on a museumgoer's location.