- Indian Aluminum Company Tracks Deliveries
Vedanta is using a UHF EPC Gen 2 RFID system to track the arrival and departure of contractors and employees at its smelter, as well as the weight of coal delivered to its power plant.
- Armored-RFID Tag Loves to Get Hammered
A new steel-shrouded UHF EPC Gen 2 tag, developed by Technologies ROI, can be welded to metal pipes or tools for the oil and gas, construction or other heavy industrial sectors, and is built to sustain abuse.
- Malaysian Oil Rig Deploys RFID for Man-Down Monitoring
Axcess International developed the system, which features personnel badges containing active RFID tags and motion sensors to detect if a worker stops moving.
- Savi, ODIN Offer New Active/Passive Integrated Software Suite
Dugway Proving Ground is the first to use ODIN's passive RFID software with Savi's SmartChain suite to manage active and passive data on a single platform.
- Gas Manufacturer Fills Up More Often With RFID
Indian oxygen and nitrogen supplier Kay Nitroxygen is using EPC Gen 2 UHF tags and readers to record the status of its reusable cylinders, resulting in increased productivity.
- Electric Company Gases Up on RFID
Horizon Utilities is using a low-frequency RFID system to monitor and authorize usage at its two Ontario fueling stations.
- Finalists Unveiled for the Fourth Annual RFID Journal Awards
The winners for the 2010 RFID Journal Awards, including Best RFID Implementation, Most Innovative Use of RFID, Best Use of RFID in a Product or Service, Best in Show and Special Achievement, will be revealed at LIVE!
- Thai Coal Importer Weighs RFID's Benefits
SCG Logistics is using an active RFID solution to track the weight of trucks before and after they load up with coal at a port facility in Thailand.
- Italian Construction Firm Deploys RFID to Track Offshore Equipment
Saipem attaches Omni-ID EPC Gen 2 passive tags to cranes, drilling rigs and thousands of other items, to improve safety and reduce wastage and delays.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2010 Announces Speakers for Oil, Gas Seminar
Offered in partnership with the Oil & Gas RFID Solution Group, the daylong series of sessions will explain how companies in the energy sector can benefit from radio frequency identification.
- To Expedite Fuel-Cell Maintenance, Rittal Adopts RFID
The German company is adding passive high-memory 13.56 MHz tags to the electrical generator systems it sells and services.
- BASF Tracks Chemical-Carrying Railcars in Real Time
A wireless sensor system enables the company to monitor the location and condition of cars used to transport its six most hazardous products.
- U.K. Researchers Study Distributed Antenna System for Airports
The group is developing a network infrastructure that will provide ubiquitous wireless coverage for RFID, as well as for a broad range of other equipment.
- RFID Is Golden to Nevada Mine
Newmont's Leeville gold mine is using an AeroScout Wi-Fi-based system to track workers and equipment at its underground operation.
- Speakers Announced for RFID in Oil & Gas Virtual Event
RFID Journal and the Oil & Gas RFID Solution Group have teamed up to produce RFID in Oil & Gas, a virtual event revealing how energy companies can use radio frequency identification to improve the way they do business.