- Cotemar Uses RTLS to Manage Safety, Supplies for Offshore Oil Workers
The company is employing AeroScout Wi-Fi RFID tags to track the whereabouts of personnel and visitors on each of four offshore platforms that serve as floating hotels for PEMEX employees working on oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico.
- RFID Monitors Wastewater Disposal at Hydrofracking Sites
GreenHunter Water LLC is installing RFID-based technology at oil wells to track the removal and disposal of wastewater, helping oil companies ensure that they comply with regulations.
- Swedish Tunnel Uses RFID to Monitor Air Pollution
The nation's transport agency has deployed Identec Solutions' RFID tags in conjunction with sensors, to ensure that workers are not exposed to excessive levels of toxic gases
- Australian Coal Mine Tests RFID's Ability to Prevent Collisions
The recently piloted solution—designed by CSC Australia, and installed by Becker Mining Systems at BHP Billiton's Dendrobium mine, in New South Wales—can also be used to improve productivity.
- Love's Tries RFID for Automating Fuel Payments
The retailer is testing a passive UHF solution from QuikQ enabling truck drivers to fuel up more efficiently, while also ensuring against fuel fraud.
- ATI Partners to Deliver Passive RFID Sensor
American Thermal Instruments has licensed innovative technology that would prevent a tag from transmitting its signal unless the ambient temperature exceeded a preset threshold.
- V. M. Salgaocar & Bro. Mines Automation From NFC-based Process
The Indian mining company has deployed a Near-Field Communication system to simplify the tracking of trucks from its iron mines to weigh stations, and through its processing plant.
- Energy-Harvesting Sensors to Monitor Health of Jet Engines
The wireless sensors will be utilized to monitor engine bearings on F-35 Joint Strike Fighters while in flight, using their turbines' heat to power RFID transmissions.
- Tool-Bearing Truck Brings RFID-tagged Tools to Wind Farms
WindBed, developed by Choctaw Renewable Services, is a truck loaded with equipment and outfitted with EPC RFID technology to track tool usage and maintenance.
- Cordex Launches Handheld Pipe-Testing System
The solution includes a handheld ultrasonic sensor with built-in RFID reader to identify the locations of specific sections of pipe and measure their thickness, along with software to analyze the compiled data.
- GDF Suez Tries RFID Underground
The multinational energy firm is testing a system that employs passive RFID tags to enable the detection of subterranean polyethylene utility pipes.
- Identec Group Adopts New Growth Strategy to Go With Its New Name
The owner of Identec Solutions and eight other RFID software, hardware and technology firms expects to gain synergies from its various divisions, and hopes to acquire additional companies around the globe.
- Omni-ID Debuts Tags for Oil and Gas Companies
The tag maker has partnered with C-Logistics to market disposable RFID tags for offshore oil customers, as well as with Holland 1916 to manufacture and distribute metal-mount tags for tracking lifting gear and cranes.
- RFID Journal Announces Winners of Its Fifth Annual Awards
Gerry Weber International, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Mission Foods, Argonne National Laboratory, Intelleflex and Impinj's Chris Diorio have earned this year's awards, reflecting a variety of uses and achievements.
- Tego Introduces Radiation-Resistant EPC Tag
The Radion, capable of withstanding high levels of X-ray and gamma radiation, will be available in a variety of form factors, for use in the health-care, food, aerospace and defense industries.