- Agip North Caspian Oil Platform Adopts RTLS Technology
The company is installing a real-time location system from Ubisense and S3 ID to track the locations of approximately 1,000 staff members on its one-square-kilometer offshore rig.
- Italian Gas Stations Install Leak-Sensing RFID System
Wolftank is providing a solution that includes nanotron Technologies active RFID tags to send alerts as soon as fuel seepage is detected.
- Statoil to Use RFID to Manage Drill Pipes at Offshore Rigs
Low-frequency tags and readers provided by Trac ID will help the oil and gas company to determine the lifespan of each pipe lowered into an oil well.
- Infinity Seismic RFID-enables Its Geophone Testers
The company's CheckMate Land handheld device is available with an RFID reader, to automatically identify the testing of geophones used by the oil and gas industry in measuring seismic activity.
- Mojix Announces Availability of Its Next-Generation RFID System
The Mojix STAR 3000 offers cloud-based applications, industry-specific solutions, smartphone compatibly and improved performance, the company reports.
- Registration Now Open for Two RFID Journal LIVE! Europe Events
For the first time, RFID Journal will host two European conferences—one in Norway and the other in the United Kingdom.
- McDermott Sees Gains From RFID Tracking in Indonesia
The oil and gas construction company tested the use of RFID to monitor and track pipes being fabricated onsite, with preliminary results showing that the technology reduces the labor required to track inventory, while improving work-in-progress visibility.
- RFID Journal Announces Winners of Its Sixth Annual Awards
Cisco Systems, Intel, BP International, Omni-ID, HP Brazil, Cecilia Occhiuzzi and Bill Hardgrave were all honored at LIVE! 2012.
- Vizinex Releases Four New Tags for Specialized Applications
The company, formerly known as RCD Technology, says these products reflect its new focus, and support a variety of commercial applications.
- Black Elk Uses FileTrail-SharePoint Solution to Track All Its Documents, Physical and Electronic
The oil and gas company is employing RFID to track tens of thousands of paper files as they move around its offices; the next phase will be to apply EPC tags to assets such as computers and drilling tools.
- Honeywell's Safety Products Division Helps Automate Inspections, Equipment Tracking
The company's Enabled Safety Products solution uses EPC Gen 2 RFID readers and tags to track the assignment and servicing of equipment at worksites.
- Finalists Unveiled for Sixth Annual RFID Journal Awards
The winners will be revealed next month at RFID Journal LIVE! 2012, for Best Implementation, Most Innovative Use, Best Use to Enhance a Product or Service, Best in Show, Special Achievement and the Green Award, as well as a new award for Best RFID Thesis.
- Omni-ID Launches UltraThin Metal-Mount Tags
The new tags, which measure approximately 0.05 inch in thickness, are being used or tested by about 20 companies to track laptops, oil pipes, shopping carts and other assets.
- Cotemar Uses RTLS to Manage Safety, Supplies for Offshore Oil Workers
The company is employing AeroScout Wi-Fi RFID tags to track the whereabouts of personnel and visitors on each of four offshore platforms that serve as floating hotels for PEMEX employees working on oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico.
- RFID Monitors Wastewater Disposal at Hydrofracking Sites
GreenHunter Water LLC is installing RFID-based technology at oil wells to track the removal and disposal of wastewater, helping oil companies ensure that they comply with regulations.