- Chemical Industry Studies RFID's Applications
A trade association made up of chemical producers and suppliers is examining the technology, and has issued a report detailing how RFID can be used by its members.
- New EPCglobal Tools for Aerospace, Chemical, Pharmacy
The RFID industry body has developed three software applications to help businesses understand how EPC-based RFID technology might impact their organizations.
- BP Tests RFID Sensor Network at U.K. Plant
The energy company seeks to determine how the technology might help it manage its chemical inventory, increase stock visibility and reinforce safe-handling business rules.
- ExploTrack Launches e-Pedigree Platform for Explosives
The company says at least one U.S. explosives manufacturer is implementing its system, which uses RFID and GPS technology to track explosives and detonators.
- BP Refinery Uses RFID for Evacuation System
At its Cherry Point facility, the oil giant has deployed an ultra-wideband tracking system to keep tabs on personnel in the event of a fire or explosion.
- Alien Seeks to Disprove Intermec Patent Infringement
Alien says it is seeking a declaratory judgment to prove its RFID products do not violate Intermec’s intellectual property.
- Industrial Hoses Couple Up With RFID
A company embeds RFID tags in the hose couplings its makes so that couplings and hoses can be easily tracked and maintained.
- NASA Tries RFID for HAZMAT
At Dryden Flight Research Center, NASA is exploring ways to reduce costs and risk by using RFID to automatically identify and track hazardous materials.
- RFID Protects Liquid Assets
A maker of couplings for tubing is using low-cost RFID tags to monitor and control the way liquids are dispensed.
- RFID Motion Sensor for Security
Axcess has unveiled a new RFID tag that can detect the unauthorized movement of anything from PCs to missiles.
- Hach Lange Incorporates RFID in Water Testers
The company is attaching RFID tags to the packaging of its chemical vial kits and adding readers to its spectrophotometers to automatically update the calibration of the instruments, ensuring accurate test results.