- RFID Provides Sweet Solution for Chocolate Factory
Nutriart has deployed an active RFID system to automate the collection of data regarding employees' presence onsite for payroll purposes, while the tagging of assets is under way to ensure that tools and equipment can be located in real time.
- Surveyors Locate Savings With RFID Deployment
DRMP has gained near-100 percent inventory visibility into its surveying equipment as items are used at remote locations and then returned to its multiple storage sites.
- Indian Railways Deploys RFID to Manage 350,000 Railcars
The solution, which is being tested at 15 sites, will eventually include 3,500 fixed readers, as well as handheld readers, to capture each railcar's data in accordance with GS1's UHF standards.
- Texas Hospital Expands RFID-based Condition and Asset Management
Covenant Health System is building on a system from Tagnos that tracks temperature conditions and asset locations, with plans for deployment across all seven of its facilities.
- Disabled Services Organization Automates Asset Management With NFC
Leonard Cheshire is using a solution from MyTAG to manage the servicing of 30,000 assets across 159 sites throughout the United Kingdom, ensuring that it meets safety standards, promptly addresses any problems and reduces the amount of time workers spend filling out paperwork.
- RFID Powers WIP and Tool Management for Composites Manufacturer
U.K.-based Atlas Composite Technologies has deployed a single solution to manage the production of its products from raw composite materials through freezing, thawing and autoclaving, while the same technology ensures the tools needed for these processes are available and in good working order.
- RTLS Brews Up Benefits for Historic Czech Republic Beer
Sewio's ultra-wideband solution, deployed this year, enables Budweiser Budvar to determine the locations of its forklifts within centimeters, and to thereby understand the movements of its returnable pallets, thus preventing errors, increasing efficiency and reducing inventory space.
- Virtual Event: RFID in Harsh Environments
View the PDFs and recordings from RFID Journal's recent online event.
- Ultra-wideband Scores Contract Extension from NFL
The National Football League plans to expand its use of Zebra Technologies' MotionWorks active RFID-based data, as the system tracks player performance and generates game statistics based on the locations and movements of tagged players and balls during games and practice sessions.
- Euro Pool Systems' 'Depot of the Future' Leverages RFID for Efficiency, Accuracy
The UHF RFID-based solution, provided by Aucxis, enables the returnable transport item company, as well as supermarket chain Ahold Delhaize, to gain real-time data regarding the locations and statuses of reusable trays and crates. Employees can access information about each item's next step, while management can better assign labor according to the movements of workers wearing RFID badges.
- RTLS Helps Hospital Cut Surgical Turnaround Time by 10 Percent
Adventist Health White Memorial is using a Tagnos RTLS solution to manage the location and status of surgical patients and thereby improve efficiency for surgical procedures.
- RFID Brings Material Handling, Self-checkout and Shelving Counts to Library
Woburn Public Library renovated its space to include self-checkout stations, 11 staff stations and an automated materials-handling system to get books and other items back on shelves faster, and to locate those mis-shelved, with less rote labor.
- Sheba Medical Center Reports Cost Savings With RFID Cabinet Solution
The Israeli hospital is among the companies deploying a UHF RFID-based system from LogiTag to manage the locations and statuses of implants and other critical and high-cost medical devices, ensuring they aren't missing, ordered in excess volume or set to expire.
- Hospital Builds Intelligence One RTLS Step at a Time
St. Joseph Mercy Oakland has deployed a real-time location system that tracks the locations of staff members, patients and assets, while wayfinding will be the latest option to help visitors and patients locate their desired destination.
- Lockheed Solution Tracks Fighter Jet Parts Around the World
The RFID-, GPS-, cellular- and satellite-based system allows the aerospace company to track the components of multiple aircraft lines from when the parts are packed in containers until they reach their destination.