- Ultra-wideband Scores Contract Extension from NFL
The National Football League plans to expand its use of Zebra Technologies' MotionWorks active RFID-based data, as the system tracks player performance and generates game statistics based on the locations and movements of tagged players and balls during games and practice sessions.
- Euro Pool Systems' 'Depot of the Future' Leverages RFID for Efficiency, Accuracy
The UHF RFID-based solution, provided by Aucxis, enables the returnable transport item company, as well as supermarket chain Ahold Delhaize, to gain real-time data regarding the locations and statuses of reusable trays and crates. Employees can access information about each item's next step, while management can better assign labor according to the movements of workers wearing RFID badges.
- RTLS Helps Hospital Cut Surgical Turnaround Time by 10 Percent
Adventist Health White Memorial is using a Tagnos RTLS solution to manage the location and status of surgical patients and thereby improve efficiency for surgical procedures.
- RFID Brings Material Handling, Self-checkout and Shelving Counts to Library
Woburn Public Library renovated its space to include self-checkout stations, 11 staff stations and an automated materials-handling system to get books and other items back on shelves faster, and to locate those mis-shelved, with less rote labor.
- Sheba Medical Center Reports Cost Savings With RFID Cabinet Solution
The Israeli hospital is among the companies deploying a UHF RFID-based system from LogiTag to manage the locations and statuses of implants and other critical and high-cost medical devices, ensuring they aren't missing, ordered in excess volume or set to expire.
- Hospital Builds Intelligence One RTLS Step at a Time
St. Joseph Mercy Oakland has deployed a real-time location system that tracks the locations of staff members, patients and assets, while wayfinding will be the latest option to help visitors and patients locate their desired destination.
- Lockheed Solution Tracks Fighter Jet Parts Around the World
The RFID-, GPS-, cellular- and satellite-based system allows the aerospace company to track the components of multiple aircraft lines from when the parts are packed in containers until they reach their destination.
- Drug Company Automates RFID Tagging of Compounded Products
Nephron Pharmaceuticals is making its own RFID-enabled labels to attach to each compounded syringe products it sells to hospitals and health-care providers, so that they can be tracked from the point of shipment to patient bedsides.
- Hospital's Hand-Hygiene Rate Doubles With RTLS Technology
Marin General Hospital has raised its compliance rate from 45 percent to 77 percent via an RFID solution from SwipeSense, and is now using the same technology to track assets.
- RFID in Aerospace and Defense 2018 Report
View the presentations from RFID Journal's recent conference and exhibition, held in Arlington, Va.
- NFC Aids Fire Prevention for Sprinkler Service Company
Automated Decision is leveraging its NFC RFID-based solution, using HID Global technology, to service companies and facility managers, providing visibility into inspections and maintenance of fire-prevention equipment and other assets.
- Aerospace Company Gains Efficiency Threefold With RFID
BAE Systems' deployment of RFID technology, enabled by sensor integration from Boeing's Tapestry Solutions, has boosted efficiency and reduced labor for supplies management, tool and asset tracking, and work-in-process visibility.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2018 Report, Part 1
Last month, RFID Journal held its 16th annual conference and exhibition. View the presentations from the event's keynotes, general sessions and preconference seminars.
- RFID System Automates Tool Management for Hong Kong Aeronautics Company
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. has deployed a Xerafy system leveraging handheld RFID readers, tags on tools, and an app on workers' phones to ensure that no tool is ever left insude an aircraft, and to help employees find a missing tool if a mistake is detected.
- Campus-wide RFID System Tracks Books and Assets, Manages Access Control
Saint Louis University, in the Philippines, has deployed a solution from Image Innovations Services using PTS's ClearStream middleware and a variety of fixed and handheld readers.