- RFID Journal to Hold 13th Annual LIVE! Europe Conference in London
The one-day event, being held on Nov. 16, will include a conference track focused on the retail and apparel sectors, with RFID certification training on Nov. 15.
- Brazilian Retailer Lez a Lez Improves Inventory-Counting Process
The store, located in Asuncion, Paraguay, adopted RFID technology for merchandise receiving, inventory management and sales.
- Loewe Pilots Real-time Location System for Luxury Apparel, Accessories
The IoT solution from CXignited enables the Spanish fashion brand to automatically manage inventory, enabling associates to provide fast access to the latest collection of products.
- John Lewis Rolling Out RFID Across All Fashion Goods
The UHF RFID solution, provided by Checkpoint Systems, currently includes 25,000 SKUs that are tagged at the source or by a third party, and are then tracked by branch employees at 34 locations across the United Kingdom.
- RFID News Roundup
Fujitsu announces ultra-thin washable UHF RFID tag for fashion apparel, accessories ••• Altova launches cross-platform mobile development framework with NFC features ••• CDO's asset-tracking solution supports AsReader's UHF RFID reader-writers ••• MSS Software expands client solutions with RFID asset-tracking capabilities ••• Zebra Technologies intros large-format, direct-to-card printer ••• Murata Americas releases three-axis MEMS accelerometers ••• Xerafy receives Frost & Sullivan New Product Innovation Award.
- Swedish Fashion Company Launches Global RFID System
The passive UHF solution, installed during a three-month span by Nedap Retail, enables Acne Studios to provide omnichannel sales with high inventory accuracy at all of its 45 stores.
- Company Boosts Sensitivity and Shortens Length of Its RFID Yarn
Primo1D's E-Thread is being tested by industrial and textile companies to track parts and products that do not lend themselves well to an affixed RFID tag.
- Avery Dennison Experience Center Aims to Encourage Innovation
The company's new I.Lab is intended to put RFID and other Internet of Things technologies in front of users and developers, while also serving as a source for creating new solutions based on their ideas and questions.
- European Sportswear Retailer Brings RFID to Smart Fitting Rooms
A system from Detego has expanded the company's existing inventory-management solution with RFID-enabled fitting rooms, touchscreens and Apple Watches worn by employees, to enable shoppers to request goods from a fitting room, based on product-specific content provided to them.
- Robotics and RFID to Manage Your Wardrobe
Technology startup ThreadRobe is releasing an RFID-enabled armoire that can identify each item of clean clothes place in its bin, as well as hang it up and steam it before returning it to a customer.
- Leaders Representing Retail and Apparel Industries to Discuss RFID's Benefits at LIVE! 2017
RFID Journal's 15th annual event will feature a retail and apparel conference track, a general-session panel and a special retail workshop.
- SML Analysis Finds Just 4 to 8 Percent Adoption of RFID Among Retailers
The study finds that pilots are evolving to full deployments, the company reports, indicating a steady growth of RFID adoption ahead for retailers, fueled by omnichannel sales.
- RFID Brings Omnichannel to the Physical Store
Customers at Italy's Store of the Future can automatically view content about a pair of shoes and similar products as they try those shoes on, enabling them to select products not in the store and purchase them online.
- Smart Jacket Accesses Gifts and Promos With NFC
Rochambeau's Bright Bmbr jacket is the first product to use the Janela solution from Avery Dennison RBIS, powered by the EVRYTHNG Smart Products Platform, to bring intelligence to products via RFID, NFC or bar-code labels.
- Arvind Uses RFID to Smarten Up Arrow Dress Shirt
The textile company's garment has an NFC tag embedded in its left cuff, enabling a wearer to share his business card and social-media pages with others, as well as launch a music playlist.