- Avery Dennison Experience Center Aims to Encourage Innovation
The company's new I.Lab is intended to put RFID and other Internet of Things technologies in front of users and developers, while also serving as a source for creating new solutions based on their ideas and questions.
- European Sportswear Retailer Brings RFID to Smart Fitting Rooms
A system from Detego has expanded the company's existing inventory-management solution with RFID-enabled fitting rooms, touchscreens and Apple Watches worn by employees, to enable shoppers to request goods from a fitting room, based on product-specific content provided to them.
- Robotics and RFID to Manage Your Wardrobe
Technology startup ThreadRobe is releasing an RFID-enabled armoire that can identify each item of clean clothes place in its bin, as well as hang it up and steam it before returning it to a customer.
- Leaders Representing Retail and Apparel Industries to Discuss RFID's Benefits at LIVE! 2017
RFID Journal's 15th annual event will feature a retail and apparel conference track, a general-session panel and a special retail workshop.
- SML Analysis Finds Just 4 to 8 Percent Adoption of RFID Among Retailers
The study finds that pilots are evolving to full deployments, the company reports, indicating a steady growth of RFID adoption ahead for retailers, fueled by omnichannel sales.
- RFID Brings Omnichannel to the Physical Store
Customers at Italy's Store of the Future can automatically view content about a pair of shoes and similar products as they try those shoes on, enabling them to select products not in the store and purchase them online.
- Smart Jacket Accesses Gifts and Promos With NFC
Rochambeau's Bright Bmbr jacket is the first product to use the Janela solution from Avery Dennison RBIS, powered by the EVRYTHNG Smart Products Platform, to bring intelligence to products via RFID, NFC or bar-code labels.
- Arvind Uses RFID to Smarten Up Arrow Dress Shirt
The textile company's garment has an NFC tag embedded in its left cuff, enabling a wearer to share his business card and social-media pages with others, as well as launch a music playlist.
- Detego, IER Offer Joint RFID-enabled Solution for Fashion Industry
The companies say the system can greatly improve efficiency and inventory visibility.
- Thomas Pink Piloting IoT System With RFID and Cameras to Manage Inventory, Traffic
The solution, from BT Global Services, enables the use of multiple technologies under the single Acuitas Digital Alliance store platform to manage the inventory of men's shirts, as well as the movement of customer and sales staff traffic around that merchandise.
- Platt Retail Institute Finds RFID-Based Inventory Accuracy, Sales and Satisfaction Gains at Macy's
The study, undertaken during the past 15 months, found that the retailer not only improved its on-shelf and display compliance, but made single-unit sales possible when a store's inventory may be down to its last unit for a particular SKU.
- RFID News Roundup
Fujitsu unveils new UHF RFID tag for fashion apparel, accessories ••• Transcends releases RIFIDI 3.6 for IoT; PMRS deploys RIFIDI Edge Server for tag detection ••• Tyco Retail Solutions adds Zebra Technologies products to its portfolio ••• Checkpoint Systems offers RFID label for merchandise visibility, including retail cosmetics ••• Nedap expands long-range ID portfolio, intros new heavy-duty UHF tag ••• Identec Ltd. adds mid-range reader to its Cyphertag product line.
- Mojix's New Reader Antenna, App and Blockchain Aim for Real-Time Visibility
Retailers and brands are piloting the TurboAntenna to capture the locations of tagged items in stores or stockrooms in real time, and the Retail Task Management App to enable store personnel to manage inventory and share tasks using their smartphone or tablet.
- European Co-op Tries Out Various Options for Tagging Shoes
ANWR Group is attaching an RFID tag to each shoe in every pair, as well as to the box in which footwear is sold, to learn how EPC UHF RFID tags can improve inventory tracking, theft reduction and sales transactions.
- Rebecca Minkoff Brings Self-Service to Its SoHo Store With RFID
The fashion retailer is using technology from QueueHop to allow shoppers to select and pay for an item, then unlock its security hard tag based on RFID reads of that tag.