- Organic Clothing Retailer Makes Shopping Personal
Clothing for a Better Earth is using an RFID-enabled iPod and EPC Gen 2 tags to link customers with products they might like, as well as track shoppers and goods throughout its store.
- American Apparel Adds RFID to Two More Stores, Switches RFID Software RFID_Software
The clothing company has installed Xterprise's RFID software in 10 stores, and is now eyeing incremental installations in some of its other 280 outlets.
- Carnegie Mellon Students Devise RFID-enabled Mirror
Pittsburgh men's clothing boutique Charles Spiegel is trialing the group's Smart.Mirror system, which includes EPC Gen 2 RFID tags and readers and a touch-screen LCD monitor.
- Gerry Weber Sews In RFID's Benefits
The company plans to integrate EPC Gen 2 tags into the care labels of all garments it makes, and expects to quickly recoup its cost by using the tags to track inventory and deter theft.
- Serge Blanco Finds ROI in RFID
The French company's clothing factories attach EPC Gen 2 RFID hangtags to the garments they make, enabling Serge Blanco's distribution center to process incoming and outgoing shipments more quickly and accurately.
- Tetas Textiles Tracks Deliveries
The Turkish company has installed GPS, GPRS and RFID technologies in its cars, so that it can control costs by knowing, in real time, where its drivers are—and which orders they are delivering.
- Carnaval Puts RFID Hangtags on Kids' Clothing
The Mexican designer of children's apparel will use the EPC Gen 2 tags to track garments as they arrive from the factory, as well as when they are inspected, stored and then shipped.
- Linentracker Automates Management of Towels, Sheets
A hotel has attached rubberized RFID tags to 20,000 items, enabling it to know if storage closets are adequately stocked, and to improve laundering and replenishment processes.
- RFID Helps Women Dress for Success
A Pennsylvania nonprofit organization has begun applying EPC Gen 2 RFID tags to apparel and accessories, in order to improve its ability to provide business suits to job-seeking women.
- Alien Unveils Dynamic Security App for Higgs 3 Chip
The Dynamic Authentication feature verifies the authenticity of a Higgs 3 EPC Gen 2 UHF passive tag, to provide an additional layer of security.
- For Clothing Retailers, Item-level RFID on Upswing
An ABI Research study finds the garment industry's purchasing of item-level RFID solutions will triple in the next five years, with footwear lagging behind.
- A Conversation With Avery Dennison's James Stafford
The tag maker's head of RFID adoption explains how companies like shirt manufacturer Seidensticker are benefiting from RFID, and describes the technology's past, present and future—as well as his own.
- Bloomingdale's Tests Item-Level RFID
A 13-week project, which involved using EPC Gen 2 passive RFID tags to monitor the inventory levels of denim jeans, improved accuracy by 27 percent, while reducing labor costs.
- RFID Journal Introduces Virtual Events
The online seminars will provide a more robust program than traditional webinars, with end-user speakers and technology providers participating in each event.
- RFID Journal to Give Away New Retail ROI Calculator at RFID in Fashion 2009
All attendees at RFID Journal's conference and exhibition, to be held in New York City on Aug. 12-13, will receive a tool enabling them to estimate the benefits they can achieve from tracking apparel, footwear and accessories in stores with RFID.