- RFID Improves Supply Management for Brazil's Army, Air Force
Military logistics centers in Sao Paolo are equipped with EPC Gen 2 technology as part of a program to increase the efficiency, accuracy and visibility of distributing supplies to soldiers.
- At Surplus, Inventory Takes Just a Few Minutes
One of the apparel chain's stores is using EPC RFID tags to track men's jeans stored on shelves in stacks up to eight feet high.
- Fashion Tracked by French Logistics Company
SeD Logistiques employs a UHF solution from Tagsys known at FiTS to automate the receiving, packing and shipping of fashion apparel at its Paris warehouse.
- Checkpoint Systems Offers RFID Security for Retail Stores
The company's RFID Overhead EAS Solution includes a reader that mounts on a ceiling above an exit, as well as software to send alerts and link read data to a store's back-end inventory records.
- RFID Tracks Clean-Room Laundry for High-Tech Companies
MSR-FSR is using an RFID system to record data regarding when, where and how clean-room garments are washed, dried and repaired.
- Kayser-Roth Takes First Steps Toward RFID Usage
The hosiery company is applying EPC tags to socks sent to one specific retailer, and has also added tag-testing to its product-quality auditing processes, with plans to use RFID in other ways as well.
- American Apparel Adding 50 More Stores in Aggressive RFID Rollout
The retailer states that RFID has helped it reduce shrinkage, improve stock levels and decrease employee turnover, and that RFID-enabled stores are outperforming those not using the technology.
- RFID Journal Announces Winners of Its Fifth Annual Awards
Gerry Weber International, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Mission Foods, Argonne National Laboratory, Intelleflex and Impinj's Chris Diorio have earned this year's awards, reflecting a variety of uses and achievements.
- Alien Technology Announces New IC, Handheld Readers and Inlays
Peter Green, the company's new CEO, says his aim is to launch Alien's products and services that cater to specific vertical applications.
- Tagsys Offers End-to-End Solution for Apparel Industry
The company's Fashion Item Tracking System (FiTS) is a fully integrated solution for retailers and garment suppliers, including hardware, software and maintenance services.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2011 to Feature Live, End-to-End Apparel Supply Chain Demo
GS1 US and leading technology providers will show, in the event's exhibit hall, individual apparel items being tagged at the source and tracked through a distribution center and a retail store to the point of sale.
- ASICS Uses RFID to Inspire Marathon Runners
The manufacturer of running shoes and clothing is using the technology to provide video and images of friends and family members to racers as they pass RFID readers.
- Tageos Makes RFID Inlays on Paper, Eliminating Plastic Substrate
The company's passive RFID labels will be 10 to 30 percent cheaper than traditional ones, and more sustainable, Tageos says, due to a manufacturing process that creates an RFID inlay directly on the label itself.
- Avery Dennison Opens European Customer Design and Innovation Center
The company views the new center, located in the heart of Germany's industrial belt, as a key part of its efforts to promote the use of RFID tags attached to apparel.
- Finalists Unveiled for the Fifth Annual RFID Journal Awards
RFID Journal has announced the finalists for the 2011 RFID Journal Awards, including Best RFID Implementation, Most Innovative Use of RFID, Best Use of RFID to Enhance a Product or Service, Best in Show, Special Achievement and the new RFID Green Award. The winners will be revealed next month at RFID Journal LIVE! 2011.