- Intersport Expects RFID to Boost Its Sales, Decrease Its Costs
After carrying out a one-store pilot of a combined EAS and RFID system from Cross Point and RFKeeper, the international athletic-goods retailer is installing the technology at other sites.
- Hong Kong Leather Goods Company Uses RFID to Track Inventory, Fight Diversion
The manufacturer of the Fortune Duck brand of purses and bags is using passive UHF tags to track goods from the point of manufacture to the point of sale, raising inventory accuracy by nearly 10 percent.
- SML Group Adding New RFID Test Centers, Tag Manufacturing Capacity
The company will expand its RFID tag development capabilities and tag manufacturing capacity in Europe, the United States and Asia, as it predicts strong growth in item-level tagging for food, jewelry, cosmetics and garments.
- Kohl's Rolls Out RFID for Select Product Categories at Its Stores
The RFID solution, provided by Checkpoint, was taken live at the retailer's stores and distribution centers.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2014 to Feature Eight Industry-Specific Preconference Seminars
The company's 12th annual conference and exhibition will include preconference seminars and workshops focused on RFID's use in various industries.
- Heidi.com's New Store Uses NFC RFID to Enable Omni-Channel Shopping
The Swiss clothing company has installed virtual shopping kiosks so that customers can shop not only for garments at its flagship store, but also for those available via its website, as well as receive personalized services and promotions.
- Macy's Tests Shopkick's ShopBeacon at New York, San Francisco Stores
The Bluetooth tags enable the retailer to share promotional data about its merchandise with consumers who have downloaded and opted in to the Shopkick app.
- Avery Dennison, Alien Technology and Invengo Sign Licensing Deals With Round Rock
The RFID technology makers say that the patent agreements will eliminate obstacles to deployments of EPC UHF RFID technology in the U.S.
- SDV and IER Offer an End-to-End RFID Solution for Retailers
Based on a solution developed for a large European retailer, iD by SDV is designed to track apparel from factory to store, with the goal of increasing sales and efficiencies.
- Bon-Ton Brings NFC to Shoe Displays
The U.S. department store retailer has installed an NFC RFID-based solution within 32 of its shoe departments, to test how the technology can help shoppers locate the size, color and style of shoes they seek while at a store.
- Avery Dennison Sees Strong Momentum in RFID
The company's CEO says its RBIS division is significantly expanding existing programs with seven major retailers across multiple market segments.
- Saks' RFID Deployment Ensures Thousands of Shoes Are on Display
By placing an EPC passive tag on every shoe sample, four Saks Fifth Avenue stores have reduced the amount of labor required to inventory the sales floor from 16 hours down to 20 minutes.
- American Apparel Deploys Real-Time, Storewide RFID Inventory-Management Solution
The system, provided by Senitron, includes Impinj readers that capture the locations of all tagged items within a store in real time, eliminating the need to conduct inventory counts using handheld interrogators.
- Walki Markets Its Laser-Patterned Booster Tag Antenna to Retail Sector
The Finnish packaging materials company says its Pantenna booster antenna can reduce costs for apparel companies that need to RFID-tag only some of their goods.
- SML Group Buys Software Company Xterprise
The acquisition will enable SML, one of the largest RFID label manufacturers, to enhance its full solution offerings by including Xterprise's Clarity software.