- The Best Retail RFID Deployment
It's difficult to compare deployments by different retailers, but Marks & Spencer is certainly a company that others should look to emulate.
- Algorithm (and RFID) Aversion
People often do not trust technology to give them the right information or answers—even when the technology is clearly better than humans.
- Leading Indicators of RFID Trends
More apparel manufacturers, bar-code resellers and investors are signing up for RFID Journal's electronic newsletters. Here's what that means for the industry.
- Is Retail Approaching the Tipping Point for RFID?
Data presented at last week's RFID in Retail and Apparel event suggests that adoption of RFID to manage apparel inventory is accelerating quickly.
- E-Commerce Is Not the Answer
Selling more online will not solve the problems that brick-and-mortar stores face, but omnichannel retailing might.
- RFID for Small and Midsize Retailers
Even companies with a single store can benefit from using radio frequency identification technologies.
- RFID Journal's Fall Events Lineup
We'll be hosting conferences for retailers and brand owners in September, for businesses in Europe in November, and for those in the aerospace and defense sectors in December.
- What Is the Future of Retail?
Retailers will soon move to a model by which they sell to customers whenever, wherever and however they want to buy.
- Is This the Year RFID Takes Off?
Adoption in retail is moving inexorably toward the tipping point.
- The Network Effect
Companies that have adopted radio frequency identification want to get everyone—including their competitors—on board.
- A Conversation With Macy's Bill Connell
The company's senior VP of logistics and operations shared insights into RFID's value for replenishment, omnichannel fulfillment and other retail applications.
- Warning to Retailers: Ignore RFID at Your Peril
When the technology reaches a tipping point, those who haven't done their homework will struggle.
- The Changing Nature of Retail
Recent moves by Walmart and Macy’s illustrate the challenges all retailers face.
- RFID's Tipping Point
Have we reached or passed it—or has adoption not yet arrived at that magical moment when all businesses want to use the technology?
- LIVE! 2016 and the State of RFID Adoption
Last week's event says a lot about which regions, industries and companies are employing RFID technology.