- RFID Journal LIVE! 2019 Report, Part 2
RFID Journal recently held its 17th annual conference and exhibition. View the presentations from the event's main conference sessions and the RFID Journal Awards.
- Lockheed Solution Tracks Fighter Jet Parts Around the World
The RFID-, GPS-, cellular- and satellite-based system allows the aerospace company to track the components of multiple aircraft lines from when the parts are packed in containers until they reach their destination.
- RFID in Aerospace and Defense 2018 Report
View the presentations from RFID Journal's recent conference and exhibition, held in Arlington, Va.
- Aerospace Company Gains Efficiency Threefold With RFID
BAE Systems' deployment of RFID technology, enabled by sensor integration from Boeing's Tapestry Solutions, has boosted efficiency and reduced labor for supplies management, tool and asset tracking, and work-in-process visibility.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2018 Report, Part 2
RFID Journal's 16th annual conference and exhibition was held last month. View the presentations from the event's main-conference sessions and the RFID Journal Awards.
- RFID System Automates Tool Management for Hong Kong Aeronautics Company
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. has deployed a Xerafy system leveraging handheld RFID readers, tags on tools, and an app on workers' phones to ensure that no tool is ever left insude an aircraft, and to help employees find a missing tool if a mistake is detected.
- San Diego International Airport Deploys Beacons for IT Efficiency, Passenger App
The Bluetooth Low Energy system, from Spark Compass, brings location-based data to passengers using an airport app, and location-targeted service calls to IT personnel on a Samsung smart watch.
- Solving NASA's Water Problem
RFID temperature sensors could make the International Space Station's Urine Processor Assembly more efficient, potentially saving millions of dollars annually.
- RFID Helps Rolls-Royce Canada Maintain Jets
The company is tracking an important tool to ensure it is not left inside engines after servicing.
- Boeing Program Automates Aircraft Maintenance Tasks
RFID Integrated Solutions, certified by the FAA, promises to help airlines save labor, time and money.
- Parker Hannifin Embeds RFID Tags in O-Rings
The solution was developed to prevent counterfeiting, but businesses also can use the technology to identify and track assets.
- Lufthansa Technik Automates Supply Management
The logistics services division turned to RFID to track time-sensitive materials and build a greener business.
- Cessna Looks to RFID for Unlimited Visibility
The aviation innovator has deployed a system to track and manage precision aircraft manufacturing tools.
- Global Logistics Company Monitors Shipments' Temperatures
Panalpina Group deployed an RFID solution to track the conditions of health-care and pharmaceutical products during transit or storage.
- Portuguese Airline TAPs Into RFID
The national airline uses radio frequency identification to track engine-overhaul components and tools.