- Apple Unshackles the iPhone's NFC Reader
The new XS, XS Max and XR models support the reading of Near Field Communication tags without users having to first open an application.
- Apple Embraces NFC (Finally)
At its recent developer's conference, the iPhone maker announced that the Near Field Communication reader in its handsets will be open to apps other than Apply Pay, which should give a big boost to the technology.
- Big RFID Deployments and Better RFID Products
Entries for the 2015 RFID Journal Awards were outstanding, indicating that the RFID industry is maturing rapidly.
- Next Up: A Passive UHF Reader in Your Phone
Apple's embrace of NFC means all new phones will have an RFID reader—but they also need to be able to read Electronic Product Codes.
- An iPhone With NFC—at Last!
The addition of Near-Field Communication technology to the popular mobile phone will increase contactless payments and open the door to many new applications.