- Why Batteries Are Ripe for Disruption
Energy-harvesting techniques are maturing and could provide a more sustainable approach to deploying IoT networks.
- How to Conquer Fear of "Things" in "Internet of Things"
Start by addressing misconceptions about what it is and what it can—and cannot—do.
- TuntoID—A New Approach for Passive UHF RFID Sensing
There is sufficient bandwidth in an EPC Gen 2 UHF backscatter link to enable the reading of a low-power analog sensor—resulting in an RFID sensor tag with a long read range.
- A New Auto-ID Integration Standard Could Play a Big IoT Role
An OPC UA companion standard being developed by AIM and the OPC Foundation represents an important step toward greatly simplifying the integration of identification systems, and could thus become an essential base for the Internet of Things.
- An Interview With Geoffrey Moore
The expert on the technology adoption life cycle speaks with Bob Morris about radio frequency identification and its struggles to achieve mass adoption.
- The IoT Challenge
As the Internet of Things takes shape, RFID companies need to offer complete solutions that can quickly and easily adapt to customers' needs and expectations.
- The Real World of Active RFID Tags
Here's how the technology is being used today to solve real problems, and what's in store for the future.