- A Truly Connected World: The Need for Global Device Connectivity and Control
Access to a cloud-based mobile network platform allows enterprises to optimize international connectivity with their customers, employees or assets—wherever they are.
- Appealing to the Connected Home Buyer
In the Internet of Things, the world of connected products presents enormous opportunity for manufacturers to transform their businesses and their industries.
- Is the U.K. Information Superhighway Lagging Behind the Rest of the World?
5G is the future—but the United Kingdom still has a long way to go to become a truly smart country.
- Educational Advice to Businesses Trading Abroad
The associated implications of the Internet of Things mean greater data and the capacity for both individuals and machinery to communicate on a wider basis.
- Building the IoT on a Responsive Data Architecture
To get the most out of the Internet of Things, companies and industries must first address data-integration issues.
- A New Connectivity Standard for the IoT—Building a Better Mousetrap
Why is such a standard so important for the Internet of Things?
- The Internet of Old Things
You need to make sure that your next-generation devices are app-enabled and have transactional rollback capability.
- Four Steps to Unlocking Cost-Effective Business Insights from IoT Data
Formalizing a cloud strategy can help you reach the point of readiness regarding business intelligence and the Internet of Things.
- In the IoT Smart Home, Hack-Proof Security Will Be the Differentiator
Porous security in the Internet of Things will do more damage than just stopping forward-thinking industries from reaching their business potential.
- Developing the Backbone of the Internet of Things
Companies face hardware challenges in making the millions of sensors and gateways that enable the growing connected ecosystem.
- FCC to IoT Device Vendors: Implement Cybersecurity Now or We May Force You To
The agency is advocating cyber accountability to reduce cyber risk in the communications sector.
- RFID Data in the Cloud
The OPC Unified Architecture and industrial communication form the infrastructure of the digital factory.
- Why Batteries Are Ripe for Disruption
Energy-harvesting techniques are maturing and could provide a more sustainable approach to deploying IoT networks.
- How to Conquer Fear of "Things" in "Internet of Things"
Start by addressing misconceptions about what it is and what it can—and cannot—do.
- TuntoID—A New Approach for Passive UHF RFID Sensing
There is sufficient bandwidth in an EPC Gen 2 UHF backscatter link to enable the reading of a low-power analog sensor—resulting in an RFID sensor tag with a long read range.