- A New Connectivity Standard for the IoT—Building a Better Mousetrap
Why is such a standard so important for the Internet of Things?
- The Internet of Old Things
You need to make sure that your next-generation devices are app-enabled and have transactional rollback capability.
- Four Steps to Unlocking Cost-Effective Business Insights from IoT Data
Formalizing a cloud strategy can help you reach the point of readiness regarding business intelligence and the Internet of Things.
- In the IoT Smart Home, Hack-Proof Security Will Be the Differentiator
Porous security in the Internet of Things will do more damage than just stopping forward-thinking industries from reaching their business potential.
- Developing the Backbone of the Internet of Things
Companies face hardware challenges in making the millions of sensors and gateways that enable the growing connected ecosystem.
- FCC to IoT Device Vendors: Implement Cybersecurity Now or We May Force You To
The agency is advocating cyber accountability to reduce cyber risk in the communications sector.
- RFID Data in the Cloud
The OPC Unified Architecture and industrial communication form the infrastructure of the digital factory.
- Why Batteries Are Ripe for Disruption
Energy-harvesting techniques are maturing and could provide a more sustainable approach to deploying IoT networks.
- How to Conquer Fear of "Things" in "Internet of Things"
Start by addressing misconceptions about what it is and what it can—and cannot—do.
- TuntoID—A New Approach for Passive UHF RFID Sensing
There is sufficient bandwidth in an EPC Gen 2 UHF backscatter link to enable the reading of a low-power analog sensor—resulting in an RFID sensor tag with a long read range.
- A New Auto-ID Integration Standard Could Play a Big IoT Role
An OPC UA companion standard being developed by AIM and the OPC Foundation represents an important step toward greatly simplifying the integration of identification systems, and could thus become an essential base for the Internet of Things.
- An Interview With Geoffrey Moore
The expert on the technology adoption life cycle speaks with Bob Morris about radio frequency identification and its struggles to achieve mass adoption.
- The IoT Challenge
As the Internet of Things takes shape, RFID companies need to offer complete solutions that can quickly and easily adapt to customers' needs and expectations.
- The Real World of Active RFID Tags
Here's how the technology is being used today to solve real problems, and what's in store for the future.