- University of Arkansas Kicks Off Apparel and Footwear RFID Study
The project, which is being conducted by the university, consumer goods associations and a major retailer, will explore how tagging individual goods with RFID can improve retail processes.
- EPCglobal Hong Kong Wraps Two-Year, Multi-Company RFID Project
The undertaking tested several EPCglobal standards and involved four pilots tracking goods with RFID as they moved across countries and oceans.
- Research Requirements Emerge From RFID Academic Convocation
End users and researchers agreed on the research that must be done to support adoption of the EPCglobal Network.
- U.S. Senate Bill Proposes Technology to Authenticate Drugs
An amendment passed last week specifying several authentication technologies without mentioning RFID. Some experts say the legislation is confusing.
- Jungheinrich Using RFID to Automate Lift-Truck Operations
The company has developed an RFID-enabled lift truck, and will embed tags in the floors of customers' warehouses to help make the vehicle's operation more productive.
- RFID Makes Ordering and Paying for Pizza Easy As Pie
A Florida pizzeria is using RFID so customers can pay for their pies at a self-service kiosk, and the restaurant can keep better tabs on orders.
- Frost's Findings on the North American RFID Market
Frost & Sullivan last week released new research on the North American RFID market as part of its Automatic Identification & Security Growth Partnership Service. This article highlights a few of the key findings.
- Haier America Tags Freezers and Fridges
The manufacturer has integrated its RFID system with its ERP software and is affixing EPC Gen 2 UHF tags on the four appliances it supplies to Wal-Mart.
- At a Canadian Trailer Dealership, RFID Has Paid for Itself
Action Trailer Sales is saving money by using active tags to more easily find the trailers it rents and sells and to keep more accurate inventory records.
- ThyssenKrupp to Use EPC UHF Tags to Track Steel
Having completed a pilot that tracked 1,000 slabs shipped to Germany, the company plans to deploy an RFID system at its new factory in Brazil.
- Telekom Austria Launches Managed RFID Services
Currently focused on the fashion industry, the offering includes tags, interrogators, software, installation and integration.
- USDA Releases RFID Animal-Tracking Project Report
The Agriculture Department concludes that "animal identification and tracing can be implemented successfully in a production environment."
- NXP and Kestrel Partner on RFID Antitheft for DVDs
NXP and Kestrel Wireless have teamed to provide an elegant RFID-based solution to combat the theft of optical media products like DVDs. Using RFID chips, the solution allows optical media manufacturers to disable their products at the point of manufacture, then re-enable them at the moment of purchase.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2007 Highlights RFID Industry's Strength
The large turnout of end users at RFID Journal's fifth annual conference and exhibition shows that interest in and adoption of radio frequency identification technology remain strong.
- The Kennedy Group Acquires Assets of NCR RFID
The Kennedy Group, a provider of RFID, label, packaging, and promotional response products, has acquired the RFID assets of transaction giant NCR's Systemedia Division. The acquisition includes all customers, contracts, intellectual property, and equipment. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.