- German Supermarkets Use RFID to Manage Warehouse Access and Send Alerts
ALDI and Lidl are both using active tags from Albis Technologies to ensure only authorized personnel enter their warehouses; Lidl is also using the technology for its freezers.
- London History Museum Adopts Technology of Future
Museum of London has installed NFC RFID tags in its two locations, to provide the growing number of NFC-enabled phone users with additional exhibit information, access to social Web sites and vouchers.
- Hartford Encourages Its Food-Industry Clients to Deploy RFID Temperature Tags
A strategic alliance between Hartford Financial Services Group and Intelleflex is designed to improve visibility into the conditions of perishable-food shipments, thereby reducing spoilage and helping to lower the cost of insurance premiums.
- At Surplus, Inventory Takes Just a Few Minutes
One of the apparel chain's stores is using EPC RFID tags to track men's jeans stored on shelves in stacks up to eight feet high.
- Wall of Beer Lets Patrons Draw Their Drinks
An RFID-enabled system allows the Cheeky restaurant to provide a pour-your-own-beer service, while monitoring and controlling the amount that customers consume.
- VICS Item Level RFID Initiative Enters Phase II
The group intends to publish a road map by mid 2012 to help retailers, suppliers and technology vendors deploy RFID systems for the supply chain, while seeking more membership from retailers and suppliers and inviting technology providers to join at a fee.
- Kyrgyzstan Resort Brings Service to the Beach With RFID
RTL Service devices with wireless communication to access points at Hotel Resort Caprice enable guests to order services, or to locate party members, while workers can use the system to find visitors before attempting to deliver food or service.
- Motorola Solutions Expands Global Services
As part of a broader effort to grow its services business, the company will act as a systems integrator for certain RFID deployments.
- Texas Jewelry Retailer Scores With RFID
Dallas Gold & Silver Exchange (DGSE) is using EPC Gen 2 tags to improve the management of its inventory of jewelry, diamonds, watches, rare coins and other products.
- Fashion Tracked by French Logistics Company
SeD Logistiques employs a UHF solution from Tagsys known at FiTS to automate the receiving, packing and shipping of fashion apparel at its Paris warehouse.
- TempTrip Wants to Make Temperature-Tracking as Easy as Netflix
With its Web-based software and returnable tags, the company hopes to make its cold-chain temperature-tracking services as simple as renting movies.
- ATI Partners to Deliver Passive RFID Sensor
American Thermal Instruments has licensed innovative technology that would prevent a tag from transmitting its signal unless the ambient temperature exceeded a preset threshold.
- RFID Journal Launches Brazilian Web Site
The Portuguese-language site, supported by HP's RFID Center of Excellence, will feature RFID news and case studies focused on the fast-growing Brazilian market.
- RFID Executive Education for Business Professionals
The University of Arkansas has launched a comprehensive four-day program focused on the business value of RFID technology for retailers and their suppliers.
- Checkpoint Systems Offers RFID Security for Retail Stores
The company's RFID Overhead EAS Solution includes a reader that mounts on a ceiling above an exit, as well as software to send alerts and link read data to a store's back-end inventory records.