- ATI Partners to Deliver Passive RFID Sensor
American Thermal Instruments has licensed innovative technology that would prevent a tag from transmitting its signal unless the ambient temperature exceeded a preset threshold.
- RFID Journal Launches Brazilian Web Site
The Portuguese-language site, supported by HP's RFID Center of Excellence, will feature RFID news and case studies focused on the fast-growing Brazilian market.
- RFID Executive Education for Business Professionals
The University of Arkansas has launched a comprehensive four-day program focused on the business value of RFID technology for retailers and their suppliers.
- Checkpoint Systems Offers RFID Security for Retail Stores
The company's RFID Overhead EAS Solution includes a reader that mounts on a ceiling above an exit, as well as software to send alerts and link read data to a store's back-end inventory records.
- GS 1 Mexico Opens Knowledge Center
RFID Journal had an opportunity to tour the new facility, which provides Mexican companies with a resource for learning how to use GS1 standards.
- NFC System to Aid Diners
Canadian startup CustomerIn Systems has developed a solution enabling patrons to interact with a restaurant using an NFC-enabled phone, and also plans to launch a Web site in July to help developers create similar solutions.
- Home-Shopping Theme Park to Employ RFID
At MainStreet America, visitors will be able to peruse completely furnished homes, and use RFID-enabled tablet PCs to learn more about thousands of items within and around those buildings.
- Korean Warehouses Deploy RFID-Enhanced Pick-to-Light System
CJ GLS says its order-fulfillment system is reducing errors, boosting efficiency and cutting costs at the facilities of four Korean companies.
- Kayser-Roth Takes First Steps Toward RFID Usage
The hosiery company is applying EPC tags to socks sent to one specific retailer, and has also added tag-testing to its product-quality auditing processes, with plans to use RFID in other ways as well.
- Blue Bite Launches NFC Solution for Providing Content to Cell Phones
The company is deploying NFC stickers at shops, clubs and other places of business, enabling mobile handset users to receive information and promotional offers, in partnership with digital-media firm RMG Networks.
- RFID Sensors Track Sleep Patterns
With iMPak Health's SleepTrak system, consumers can don an RFID tag on their arm at bedtime, and built-in motion sensors will then track the quality of their sleep.
- American Apparel Adding 50 More Stores in Aggressive RFID Rollout
The retailer states that RFID has helped it reduce shrinkage, improve stock levels and decrease employee turnover, and that RFID-enabled stores are outperforming those not using the technology.
- Identec Group Adopts New Growth Strategy to Go With Its New Name
The owner of Identec Solutions and eight other RFID software, hardware and technology firms expects to gain synergies from its various divisions, and hopes to acquire additional companies around the globe.
- RFID Journal Announces Winners of Its Fifth Annual Awards
Gerry Weber International, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Mission Foods, Argonne National Laboratory, Intelleflex and Impinj's Chris Diorio have earned this year's awards, reflecting a variety of uses and achievements.
- Alien Technology Announces New IC, Handheld Readers and Inlays
Peter Green, the company's new CEO, says his aim is to launch Alien's products and services that cater to specific vertical applications.