- RFID Brings Omnichannel to the Physical Store
Customers at Italy's Store of the Future can automatically view content about a pair of shoes and similar products as they try those shoes on, enabling them to select products not in the store and purchase them online.
- Valid Produces Prepaid Payment Bracelet
The device uses NFC RFID technology to exchange encrypted data with a debit machine.
- RFID Will Deliver Drink Orders On the Go
Technology startup Shotput's system will enable consumer app-based orders of beverages or other products, from a mobile unit equipped with radio frequency identification, in order to provide automated dispensing and restocks.
- LIVE! 2017 Keynotes to Discuss RFID Deployments Currently Under Way
RFID Journal's upcoming event will feature several keynotes and general sessions, including presentations from Honda, the U.S. Army and Auburn University.
- All-in-One POS Solution Accepts NFC, Credit and Debit Card Payments
The system, provided by Connect&GO and Mobeewave, was used at the Quebec Sugar Shack at this week's South By Southwest festival to enable attendees to buy drinks with an NFC wristband, or with a credit or debit card—all captured via the same mobile POS device.
- LIVE! 2017 to Feature Exhibitors from a Record 25 Countries
RFID Journal's upcoming event has attracted the top RFID companies from around the world.
- NFC Brings Contests, Content to Limited Jameson Whiskey Bottles
The company's 2017 limited-edition bottle targeted for St. Patrick's Day features an NFC tag with which Android phone users can connect with content about Jameson, as well as enter contests at Irish events.
- Kiev Discount Store Pilots Beacons for Loyalty, Analytics
Auchan is providing promotional information to customers as they arrive at the store, while also collecting analytics to understand shopper traffic and behavior in each of its product aisles.
- RFID News Roundup
Alien Technology offers new passive UHF RFID readers ••• Metalcraft intros tiny tag with long read range ••• AsReader device turns smartphones into RFID reader-writers ••• Smartrac releases new RFID and IoT solutions for retail ••• New RFID label from Checkpoint Systems boosts merchandise visibility ••• Swatch Group creates mini Bluetooth chip for Internet of Things ••• STMicroelectronics unveils new NFC RFID tag ICs for long-range contactless communication.
- RFID Journal LIVE! 2017 to Feature Eight Preconference Seminars
This year's topics will include content for the energy and retail sectors and for IT professionals, as well as how to track medical devices, and warehouse and inventory management.
- Zebra Technologies Research Says Most Retailers Globally Indicate IoT Plans, Including RFID
The company's "Retail Vision Study" finds that in four years, the majority of the 1,700 companies surveyed expect to be using RFID and other technologies to boost inventory accuracy and enhance customer service.
- Smart Jacket Accesses Gifts and Promos With NFC
Rochambeau's Bright Bmbr jacket is the first product to use the Janela solution from Avery Dennison RBIS, powered by the EVRYTHNG Smart Products Platform, to bring intelligence to products via RFID, NFC or bar-code labels.
- New Beacon Company Brings Intelligence to In-Flight Entertainment, Banks
Conichiwa, a spinoff of German hotel app firm conichi, is providing systems that recognize an individual or item based on beacon transmissions, and can thus personalize service or improve efficiency.
- Australian Banks Challenge Apple's Closed NFC
An application from four banks to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) requests permission to negotiate only open-access NFC on iOS phones.
- Vitamix Adds RFID to Its Food Blenders
The new products are designed with customer safety and convenience in mind.