- TimeForge Intros Beacon-based Solution for Managing Staff, Assets
The company's PlaceForge system can locate personnel in real time via Bluetooth readers that receive signals from beacons incorporated into key fobs.
- Beacon-based Scavenger Hunt Is a Hit at Ball Game
The Durham Bulls introduced a Radius Networks BLE solution that not only enables fans to play games, but also lets the team and its partners manage parking and deliver promotional offers.
- RFID Helps Mondelez Market Its Trident Gum
The company is testing how smartphone apps and Bluetooth beacons can deliver benefits to college-age consumers and the university canteens where they purchase chewing gum.
- IDriveThru Leverages Toll-Tag Technology at Drive-Through Restaurants
The system uses the E-ZPass toll tag already installed in a customer's car to provide personalized service and electronic payment.
- British Clothing Retailer Sees RFID as 'Enriching Experience'
Giulio is using privacy-protecting RFID technology from Friendly Technologies to determine which garments shoppers are interested in, and to prompt a touchscreen to display information about those products.
- HotSpot Beacon Solution Aims to Prevent Parking Tickets
Merchants in two Canadian cities have deployed the beacons so that their customers can get meter alerts and pay for parking via a smartphone app, as well as receive promotional offers.
- L'Oréal Italia Prevents Warehouse Collisions Via RTLS
An active RFID solution ensures forklift operators are alerted when they near another vehicle or pedestrian, as well as to provide data analytics about any near-misses.
- Brazilian Clothing Wholesaler Invests in RFID
One of the country’s largest distributors of baby and children’s apparel, Brascol has cut the average time it takes its customers to check out their purchases by 65 percent.
- RFID News Roundup
U.K. hospital prescribes RFID to track medical records, supplies and more; Adesto introduces low-power, sterilization-tolerant memory for wearable electronics, RFID bio apps; Nestlé delivers recipes via contactless communication to shoppers at Woolworths; Radius Networks updates is RadBeacon USB proximity beacon; Xtreme RFID joins Reusable Packaging Association.
- Marks & Spencer, Wilko and Other Retailers to Present Case Studies at RFID Journal LIVE! Europe 2014
The event, to be held on Oct. 23, in London, England, will feature a Retail Track highlighting successful RFID deployments in this sector.
- RFID News Roundup
Hudson's Bay and Lord & Taylor stores roll out Swirl's beacons ••• European Commission publishes standards to alert consumers to RFID use ••• TSL announces RFID-enabled mobile software app for Android devices ••• Turkish Airlines deploys Veacon beacons at Istanbul Ataturk Airport ••• PharmaSeq's RFID technology helps University of Illinois study busy bees ••• Fujitsu adds RFID-enabled solution to its Akisai Food and Agriculture Cloud.
- PantryLabs' Vending Machine Dispenses Fresh Foods Via RFID
The California startup's refrigerated kiosks, installed at UCSF Medical Center and Stanford Health Care, can identify sandwiches and other perishable products stored within, and can track sales and inventory levels.
- Online Furniture Retailer Adds RFID to Its Brick-and-Mortar Showroom
Made.com is providing customers at its London showroom with tablets that they can use to read NFC tags to learn about each product, while giving the retailer access to data about shopper behavior and preferences.
- Tyco Wins Chain-wide Contract From Inditex
By the end of 2016, Tyco's EAS-RFID hard tags and RFID tag detachers will be deployed at all of the retailer's approximately 2,000 Zara stores.
- Aki Choklat Brings Authentication and Personalization to Luxury Bags
The shoes and accessories designer is selling handbags with a built-in NFC RFID tag that enables users not only to authenticate their bags, but also to create a travel diary—and track down a bag if it is ever stolen.