- Ifinity to Test Energy-Harvesting Bluetooth Beacons in Malls
The Polish company has developed a beacon that collects ambient RF energy; meanwhile, its battery-powered beacons are being used in Warsaw to provide navigation assistance to the visually impaired.
- Sandro Ferrone to Expand RFID Deployment
Already using Tageos passive UHF RFID tags to track its merchandise at its factory and primary distribution center, the Italian clothing company is preparing to deploy the technology at a second DC and its stores.
- BT Trace Brings RFID Retail Solutions Customized to User
The British company's customers include a global luxury retailer that is using the technology to ensure stores in North America and elsewhere are properly stocked with inventory.
- RFID News Roundup
NXP announces commercial release of NTAG I2C chip • • • U.S. Naval Research Lab designs RFID solution for NYC Fire Dept. • • • Sports stadium uses Radius Networks' beacons to give away meat pies • • • Tyco Retail Solutions updates TrueVUE software • • • Trimble, Digi-Key partner on distribution agreement.
- Simon to Implement Bluetooth Beacons at 240 Malls, Outlets
Mobiquity Networks' Mobi-Beacon system will allow shoppers at Simon malls to automatically receive information and offers from merchants.
- TimeForge Intros Beacon-based Solution for Managing Staff, Assets
The company's PlaceForge system can locate personnel in real time via Bluetooth readers that receive signals from beacons incorporated into key fobs.
- Beacon-based Scavenger Hunt Is a Hit at Ball Game
The Durham Bulls introduced a Radius Networks BLE solution that not only enables fans to play games, but also lets the team and its partners manage parking and deliver promotional offers.
- RFID Helps Mondelez Market Its Trident Gum
The company is testing how smartphone apps and Bluetooth beacons can deliver benefits to college-age consumers and the university canteens where they purchase chewing gum.
- IDriveThru Leverages Toll-Tag Technology at Drive-Through Restaurants
The system uses the E-ZPass toll tag already installed in a customer's car to provide personalized service and electronic payment.
- British Clothing Retailer Sees RFID as 'Enriching Experience'
Giulio is using privacy-protecting RFID technology from Friendly Technologies to determine which garments shoppers are interested in, and to prompt a touchscreen to display information about those products.
- HotSpot Beacon Solution Aims to Prevent Parking Tickets
Merchants in two Canadian cities have deployed the beacons so that their customers can get meter alerts and pay for parking via a smartphone app, as well as receive promotional offers.
- L'Oréal Italia Prevents Warehouse Collisions Via RTLS
An active RFID solution ensures forklift operators are alerted when they near another vehicle or pedestrian, as well as providing data analytics about any near-misses.
- Brazilian Clothing Wholesaler Invests in RFID
One of the country’s largest distributors of baby and children’s apparel, Brascol has cut the average time it takes its customers to check out their purchases by 65 percent.
- RFID News Roundup
U.K. hospital prescribes RFID to track medical records, supplies and more; Adesto introduces low-power, sterilization-tolerant memory for wearable electronics, RFID bio apps; Nestlé delivers recipes via contactless communication to shoppers at Woolworths; Radius Networks updates is RadBeacon USB proximity beacon; Xtreme RFID joins Reusable Packaging Association.
- Marks & Spencer, Wilko and Other Retailers to Present Case Studies at RFID Journal LIVE! Europe 2014
The event, to be held on Oct. 23, in London, England, will feature a Retail Track highlighting successful RFID deployments in this sector.