- Advertising Gets Personal With RFID System for Shoppers
A newly launched solution from LUV Advertisements uses RFID to identify the interests of a loyalty card-carrying shopper, and displays video content most appropriate for that individual.
- Major Beacon Deployment Takes Off at Miami International Airport
Assisted by SITA Lab, the airport has deployed hundreds of Bluetooth beacons to encourage app development, and to give SITA's common use registry a test flight.
- PayPal Deploys RFID for Cashless Payments at Music Festival
Following the successful use of RFID wristbands at Spain's Low Festival, the e-commerce company expects to offer similar solutions to resorts, cruise ships and sports stadiums.
- Macy's Expands RFID and Beacon Deployments
The retailer has begun tagging fashion garments at its Macy's and Bloomingdale's stores, to help make sure the merchandise is on the sales floor and to reduce the need for markdowns.
- Ifinity to Test Energy-Harvesting Bluetooth Beacons in Malls
The Polish company has developed a beacon that collects ambient RF energy; meanwhile, its battery-powered beacons are being used in Warsaw to provide navigation assistance to the visually impaired.
- Sandro Ferrone to Expand RFID Deployment
Already using Tageos passive UHF RFID tags to track its merchandise at its factory and primary distribution center, the Italian clothing company is preparing to deploy the technology at a second DC and its stores.
- BT Trace Brings RFID Retail Solutions Customized to User
The British company's customers include a global luxury retailer that is using the technology to ensure stores in North America and elsewhere are properly stocked with inventory.
- RFID News Roundup
NXP announces commercial release of NTAG I2C chip • • • U.S. Naval Research Lab designs RFID solution for NYC Fire Dept. • • • Sports stadium uses Radius Networks' beacons to give away meat pies • • • Tyco Retail Solutions updates TrueVUE software • • • Trimble, Digi-Key partner on distribution agreement.
- Simon to Implement Bluetooth Beacons at 240 Malls, Outlets
Mobiquity Networks' Mobi-Beacon system will allow shoppers at Simon malls to automatically receive information and offers from merchants.
- TimeForge Intros Beacon-based Solution for Managing Staff, Assets
The company's PlaceForge system can locate personnel in real time via Bluetooth readers that receive signals from beacons incorporated into key fobs.
- Beacon-based Scavenger Hunt Is a Hit at Ball Game
The Durham Bulls introduced a Radius Networks BLE solution that not only enables fans to play games, but also lets the team and its partners manage parking and deliver promotional offers.
- RFID Helps Mondelez Market Its Trident Gum
The company is testing how smartphone apps and Bluetooth beacons can deliver benefits to college-age consumers and the university canteens where they purchase chewing gum.
- IDriveThru Leverages Toll-Tag Technology at Drive-Through Restaurants
The system uses the E-ZPass toll tag already installed in a customer's car to provide personalized service and electronic payment.
- British Clothing Retailer Sees RFID as 'Enriching Experience'
Giulio is using privacy-protecting RFID technology from Friendly Technologies to determine which garments shoppers are interested in, and to prompt a touchscreen to display information about those products.
- HotSpot Beacon Solution Aims to Prevent Parking Tickets
Merchants in two Canadian cities have deployed the beacons so that their customers can get meter alerts and pay for parking via a smartphone app, as well as receive promotional offers.