- Shopper Fulfillment Expectations Up, Satisfaction Still Elusive in Study
Zebra Technologies has released its "2017 Global Shopper Study," which measures how well retailers are keeping up with shopper expectations at physical stores and online, with an eye toward improving those numbers with RFID and IoT technologies.
- RFID News Roundup
RMS Omega Technologies acquires RFID software provider Capturity ••• Misako to use Nedap's RFID software at more than 200 stores ••• Galatea NFC-powered jewelry now compatible with Apple smartphones ••• Avery Dennison intros new RFID inlay for supply chain management.
- Bracelet Works Like a Credit Card in Brazil
Through a partnership with Visa, a new device from Trigg can be used on Cielo-, Getnet- and Rede-enabled machines, via a mobile app.
- New System-in-Package Brings NFC Payment to Wearables
STMicroelectronics' ST53G is designed to enable makers of battery-powered watches or other devices to integrate contactless payments or other NFC functionalities into their products.
- Mexican Soccer Fans Access, Share Team Content via Bluetooth Low Energy Solution
Club Necaxa, and the Estadio Victoria stadium where the team plays, are sharing content, as well as offering promotions and discounts from sponsors and local businesses, via a BLE-based solution from startup Be Free.
- Companies Trialing Zebra Technologies' IoT Savanna Platform
Reflexis is among five partners selected by Zebra to launch trials of a new Internet of Things edge-based platform designed to make RFID and other sensor-based deployments easy to install and integrate, with low security risk.
- Nordic Reader Series Promises Intelligence in Handheld and Fixed Devices
The EXA brings mobility in a smaller form factor, while the Sampo and AR readers feature fixed reads for gates, as well as for point-of-sale, area and shelf tag reads—in some cases, at twice the speed of previous models.
- Smart Cooler Helps Companies Sell More
Embraco has created an Internet of Things-based platform to help customers market more drinks and food at the point of sale.
- New Chip Features Privacy Function for European Retailers
Impinj's latest chip, the Monza R6-A, offers privacy controls and sustainability features.
- NFC Forum Incorporates Tags into Its Certification Program
The release of Apple's NFC-enabled iOS 11 platform is helping to drive the growth of NFC deployments that are making an NFC tag certification program important, the association says.
- Companies Trialing NFC With Workflow-Management Application
Flowfinity is offering Near Field Communication as part of its enterprise mobile application software, so that companies can more automatically collect data about their field staff and activities at sites worldwide.
- Mojix Merges With CXignited to Build Global Retail Solutions Presence
The newly combined entity will provide a wide array of RFID and Internet of Things solutions for retailers, brands and manufacturers.
- Australian Entertainment Company Expanding RFID-Enabled Kiosks
The Franchise Entertainment Group kiosks use HF RFID technology and a cellular connection with Canopy software from Banyan Hills Technology to manage approximately 1,300 kiosks at which movies are rented throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- Bon-Ton Boosts Shoe and Luggage Display Management With RFID
A UHF RFID system, provided by Zebra Technologies, has enabled the retailer to reduce its non-compliance of display items at 180 stores, from 20 percent down to almost none.
- Pop-up Experience Brings RFID Solution to Stores
The system, from The Lion'esque Group spinoff Field Test, tracks the movement of customer traffic and enables shoppers to create wish lists of products they see in a temporary environment.