- Companies Trialing NFC With Workflow-Management Application
Flowfinity is offering Near Field Communication as part of its enterprise mobile application software, so that companies can more automatically collect data about their field staff and activities at sites worldwide.
- Mojix Merges With CXignited to Build Global Retail Solutions Presence
The newly combined entity will provide a wide array of RFID and Internet of Things solutions for retailers, brands and manufacturers.
- Australian Entertainment Company Expanding RFID-Enabled Kiosks
The Franchise Entertainment Group kiosks use HF RFID technology and a cellular connection with Canopy software from Banyan Hills Technology to manage approximately 1,300 kiosks at which movies are rented throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- Bon-Ton Boosts Shoe and Luggage Display Management With RFID
A UHF RFID system, provided by Zebra Technologies, has enabled the retailer to reduce its non-compliance of display items at 180 stores, from 20 percent down to almost none.
- Pop-up Experience Brings RFID Solution to Stores
The system, from The Lion'esque Group spinoff Field Test, tracks the movement of customer traffic and enables shoppers to create wish lists of products they see in a temporary environment.
- Expo Visitors Gain Vision of Ray-Ban Products With Smart Table
The interactive table and touch screen employ LF RFID technology to allow users to place a pair of glasses on a pedestal and view content about them, such as videos and images.
- Researchers Seek Challenging Sites for Multibeam Antenna Pilot
The Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits has developed an antenna with four elements and nine different beams fed to those elements that can detect the precise location and direction of tags in challenging environments.
- RFID Journal's Mark Roberti to Present Retail Omnichannel Strategies at Latam Retail Show
The company's founder and editor will speak on Aug. 30 about how radio frequency identification can benefit the retail sector.
- NFC Enables Band to Engage With Fans Who Buy Their Merchandise
The group Airspoken is among a handful of musical performers using Near Field Communication technology from Innercell to provide content to those who buy their T-shirts or other products at concerts.
- Wisconsin Company Plans NFC Chip Implant Party
Three Square Market expects about 80 people to have NFC chips inserted between their thumb and forefinger to provide NFC-enabled access control, as well as the ability to select and pay for goods from the company's micro markets.
- RFID News Roundup
Fashion retailer Brownie signs agreement with Nedap for cloud-based RFID software ••• TMR Research report says RFID revolutionizing pharmaceutical industry ••• Harland Simon launches new Wi-Fi RFID reader ••• Silicon Labs' Bluetooth Mesh solution helps IoT developers cut time to market ••• Toshiba BLE products now support Bluetooth Mesh standard.
- NXP Identifies Top Global Trends in RFID for Retail
Here are the major trends in radio frequency identification for the retail market, according to NXP Semiconductors.
- EVRYTHNG, Avery Dennison RBIS Join Consumer QR Code Data With EPC RFID
The Active Digital Identities solution enables brands and retailers to create a GS1-standard label that they can use via RFID, and that consumers can access with their QR-code-scanning smartphones.
- RFID News Roundup
Zebra Technologies intros two industrial RFID printers ••• Thyngs, Cellotape Smart Products partner on NFC-enabled marketing ••• Mist announces channel program for wireless managed service providers ••• Tottenham Hotspur Football Club teams up with HP Enterprise on new stadium using IoT technology ••• Silicon Labs unveils software, hardware supporting new Bluetooth mesh specification ••• SURE Universal offers software-defined IoT platform based on OCF standard.
- Bauarte Invests in Visibility, Customer Experience
For receipt, sale and transfer, all merchandise at the Brazilian company has been tagged with RFID, providing control and traceability of inventory counts.