- RFID Brews Up Valuable Beer Data for Restaurant
Oak & Stone estimates that 25 percent of its sales go to beer—as opposed to a common average of about 3 percent of sales—and now has RFID-based data indicating what demographics prefer which brands and beverage types, as well as when, all with a self-serve beer wall.
- Registration Now Open for RFID in Retail and Apparel 2018
RFID Journal's fourth annual event focused on the retail sector will explore the benefits that retailers and brand owners can achieve by using RFID and related technologies.
- Registration Now Open for RFID Journal's 14th Annual European Event
RFID Journal LIVE! Europe, to be held on Nov. 7 in London (with a day of certification training on Nov. 6), will focus on the benefits of employing RFID to improve business operations across Europe.
- Alibaba Invests in Smartrac, Takes a Seat on the Board
The retail giant is investing in RFID technology company Smartrac Group with an eye on NFC solutions for brand authentication and engagement.
- Simbe Robotics Brings RFID to Computer Vision Robot
The robot, known as Tally, captures images and RFID tag reads from store fronts and back rooms, in order to track inventory levels and collect data regarding store displays and their effectiveness related to sales.
- New Type 5 NFC Chip Boasts Long Range, Tamper Detection
STMicroelectronics' ST25TV chip can be read via ISO 15693-compliant readers, as well as NFC-enabled mobile phones, resulting in tags that can be used from the point of manufacture to consumer use with a limited footprint for small packaging.
- Tracking Brazilian Clothes Made in China
iTag has partnered with Taiwanese company Printronix to provide RFID tags to be sewn onto garments made in Asia by brands sold in Brazil.
- RFID News Roundup
Checkpoint Systems and Impinj Team to Create ARC-Qualified RFID Inlay ••• Smartrac Unveils New Belt Inlays Based on NXP’s UCODE 8 Chips.
- SML Produced 1.4 Billion Tags for Retailers in 2017
The company’s says its growth in RFID technology for the retail market has exceeded the industry-wide 30 percent annual rise and that this indicates its focus on agility, using a large network of service bureaus, is paying off.
- Zebra Releases Enterprise MotionWorks Platform and New Reader Hardware
The company is offering its Savanna Location Engine with a portfolio of MotionWorks solutions so that large enterprises can integrate location data from multiple systems on a single platform, while Zebra's new fixed readers aim at manufacturing and retail point-of-sale use cases.
- Store Reduces Checkout Time by 80 Percent
The Mari Semi Joias Group has also managed to reduce overtime costs and inventory control, thanks to a solution from RFID Moura.
- Piticas Reduces Inventory Counts from Five Hours to Six Minutes
The network of stores and kiosks has adopted an RFID solution from Presence to increase business efficiency at its 330 stores throughout Brazil.
- NFC Payment Solution Links NXP Technology With Visa, Mastercard
The technology company has joined the two finance firms to offer a single service for device manufacturers to provide contactless payment functions in their products, ranging from wristbands and jewelry to mobile devices.
- New Label Changes Displayed Price Data With Power from RFID
Powercast's new Batteryless Electronic UHF Retail Price Tag receives pricing information from an RFID interrogator, while also harvesting the RF energy, then uses that energy to change the price accordingly on its display.
- Pinnpoint, Smartrac Team Up With Lexmark for RFID Printing
The resultant on-demand printing solutions allow shippers to automatically view the status of returned goods via RFID tag reads, enabling the growing reverse logistics model for online shopping.