- Observations from NRF's Big Show, Part 2
RFID is gaining mindshare among retail technology providers, as well as more end users.
- Observations from NRF's Big Show, Part 1
The event showed how RFID technology providers are moving toward building more complete solutions.
- What Would Make RFID Adoption Explode?
Making systems simpler, easier to deploy and less expensive would propel adoption.
- Is This the Year RFID Takes Off?
Adoption in retail is moving inexorably toward the tipping point.
- Amazon Aims to Revolutionize Brick-and-Mortar Shopping
The newly introduced Amazon Go concept store appears to use RFID, video, Bluetooth and artificial intelligence to enable shoppers to simply walk into a store, pick up items and walk back out again.
- New RFID Journal Awards
We have revised the categories to better reflect the current trends in RFID deployments.
- The Network Effect
Companies that have adopted radio frequency identification want to get everyone—including their competitors—on board.
- Navigating a Critical Road in the Dark
Many companies are deploying radio frequency identification systems without doing their homework and without good guidance.
- A Conversation With Macy's Bill Connell
The company's senior VP of logistics and operations shared insights into RFID's value for replenishment, omnichannel fulfillment and other retail applications.
- Warning to Retailers: Ignore RFID at Your Peril
When the technology reaches a tipping point, those who haven't done their homework will struggle.
- Identifying RFID Project Leaders
Advocates for the technology come from many different areas within a company and hold a wide variety of titles.
- My Wall Street Journal Op-Ed on RFID
The fact that a major newspaper has published an opinion piece suggests the tide has shifted in RFID's direction.
- The Changing Nature of Retail
Recent moves by Walmart and Macy’s illustrate the challenges all retailers face.
- RFID's Tipping Point
Have we reached or passed it—or has adoption not yet arrived at that magical moment when all businesses want to use the technology?
- Believe What You Read About RFID
Some benefits seem so amazing that companies are skeptical about the technology actually delivering such outsized returns.