- Sports, Technology and the Future of Management
Managers of sports teams are being fired for not embracing data analytics. Are business managers next?
- Algorithm (and RFID) Aversion
People often do not trust technology to give them the right information or answers—even when the technology is clearly better than humans.
- Leading Indicators of RFID Trends
More apparel manufacturers, bar-code resellers and investors are signing up for RFID Journal's electronic newsletters. Here's what that means for the industry.
- Where the Money Is in RFID
Investing in radio frequency identification is not just about cutting costs and improving efficiencies. It's also about boosting topline revenue.
- Is Retail Approaching the Tipping Point for RFID?
Data presented at last week's RFID in Retail and Apparel event suggests that adoption of RFID to manage apparel inventory is accelerating quickly.
- E-Commerce Is Not the Answer
Selling more online will not solve the problems that brick-and-mortar stores face, but omnichannel retailing might.
- Why RFID Is Essential in Retail
There is no way to get inventory accuracy up to 95 percent or better without the technology—and if your inventory accuracy is low, shoppers will simply go elsewhere.
- RFID for Small and Midsize Retailers
Even companies with a single store can benefit from using radio frequency identification technologies.
- What Business Is Your Company Really In?
Most companies get this wrong and certainly most RFID solution providers get it wrong.
- RFID Journal's Fall Events Lineup
We'll be hosting conferences for retailers and brand owners in September, for businesses in Europe in November, and for those in the aerospace and defense sectors in December.
- What Is the Future of Retail?
Retailers will soon move to a model by which they sell to customers whenever, wherever and however they want to buy.
- A Cautionary Tale for Conventional Retailers
The print publishing industry was slow to adapt to the changes the Internet brought. As a result, many publications did not survive.
- Technology Is the Key to Retail's Future
RFID and other technologies will determine who will dominate as the online and brick-and-mortar worlds merge.
- Apple Embraces NFC (Finally)
At its recent developer's conference, the iPhone maker announced that the Near Field Communication reader in its handsets will be open to apps other than Apply Pay, which should give a big boost to the technology.
- RFID Starts to Go Mainstream
Fueled by success stories that are beginning to reach the general business media, the technology is now viewed as an accepted tool for companies seeking to track assets.