- Is Video a Threat to RFID?
Amazon Go is using video, which has great potential to work with RFID—but here's why the technology cannot replace radio frequency identification.
- Update from NRF's Big Show
Several RFID companies exhibited new solutions at the event that were aimed at retailers.
- Déjà Vu at NRF's Big Show 2018
As in years past, exhibitors were touting solutions that require retailers to adopt RFID before they will be effective.
- The Best Retail RFID Deployment
It's difficult to compare deployments by different retailers, but Marks & Spencer is certainly a company that others should look to emulate.
- How Will U.S. Companies Spend Their Tax Cut?
The tax rate for businesses has been cut to 21 percent, from 39.1 percent, giving profitable firms a nice windfall; smart companies will invest in technologies such as RFID.
- Sports, Technology and the Future of Management
Managers of sports teams are being fired for not embracing data analytics. Are business managers next?
- Algorithm (and RFID) Aversion
People often do not trust technology to give them the right information or answers—even when the technology is clearly better than humans.
- Leading Indicators of RFID Trends
More apparel manufacturers, bar-code resellers and investors are signing up for RFID Journal's electronic newsletters. Here's what that means for the industry.
- Where the Money Is in RFID
Investing in radio frequency identification is not just about cutting costs and improving efficiencies. It's also about boosting topline revenue.
- Is Retail Approaching the Tipping Point for RFID?
Data presented at last week's RFID in Retail and Apparel event suggests that adoption of RFID to manage apparel inventory is accelerating quickly.
- E-Commerce Is Not the Answer
Selling more online will not solve the problems that brick-and-mortar stores face, but omnichannel retailing might.
- Why RFID Is Essential in Retail
There is no way to get inventory accuracy up to 95 percent or better without the technology—and if your inventory accuracy is low, shoppers will simply go elsewhere.
- RFID for Small and Midsize Retailers
Even companies with a single store can benefit from using radio frequency identification technologies.
- What Business Is Your Company Really In?
Most companies get this wrong and certainly most RFID solution providers get it wrong.
- RFID Journal's Fall Events Lineup
We'll be hosting conferences for retailers and brand owners in September, for businesses in Europe in November, and for those in the aerospace and defense sectors in December.