- Observations from NRF's Big Show
The event showed how RFID technology providers are moving toward building more complete solutions.
- What Would Make RFID Adoption Explode?
Making systems simpler, easier to deploy and less expensive would propel adoption.
- Is This the Year RFID Takes Off?
Adoption in retail is moving inexorably toward the tipping point.
- Amazon Aims to Revolutionize Brick-and-Mortar Shopping
The newly introduced Amazon Go concept store appears to use RFID, video, Bluetooth and artificial intelligence to enable shoppers to simply walk into a store, pick up items and walk back out again.
- New RFID Journal Awards
We have revised the categories to better reflect the current trends in RFID deployments.
- The Network Effect
Companies that have adopted radio frequency identification want to get everyone—including their competitors—on board.
- Navigating a Critical Road in the Dark
Many companies are deploying radio frequency identification systems without doing their homework and without good guidance.
- A Conversation With Macy's Bill Connell
The company's senior VP of logistics and operations shared insights into RFID's value for replenishment, omnichannel fulfillment and other retail applications.
- Warning to Retailers: Ignore RFID at Your Peril
When the technology reaches a tipping point, those who haven't done their homework will struggle.
- Identifying RFID Project Leaders
Advocates for the technology come from many different areas within a company and hold a wide variety of titles.
- My Wall Street Journal Op-Ed on RFID
The fact that a major newspaper has published an opinion piece suggests the tide has shifted in RFID's direction.
- The Changing Nature of Retail
Recent moves by Walmart and Macy’s illustrate the challenges all retailers face.
- RFID's Tipping Point
Have we reached or passed it—or has adoption not yet arrived at that magical moment when all businesses want to use the technology?
- Believe What You Read About RFID
Some benefits seem so amazing that companies are skeptical about the technology actually delivering such outsized returns.
- Why Marks & Spencer Talks About RFID
The U.K retailer believes there are some real benefits to going public about its use of RFID to improve inventory accuracy and the customer experience in stores.