- Tigrara, Elza Romero Stores Inventory 4,000 Items Within Two Hours
The two companies have adopted an RFID solution to gain visibility into the circulation of their products from factories to the point of sale to consumers.
- RFID Lets Customers Self-Serve Craft Beers
Canadian bar and restaurant Barney's Pub & Grill is selling beer by the glass or by the ounce, via a self-serve beer wall using HF RFID technology from PourMyBeer.
- Erste Group Banks on RFID
The Austrian financial services provider has introduced a smart wristband and sticker for mobile payments.
- Rebecca Minkoff Brings Self-Service to Its SoHo Store With RFID
The fashion retailer is using technology from QueueHop to allow shoppers to select and pay for an item, then unlock its security hard tag based on RFID reads of that tag.
- Fort Lauderdale Tracks Building Permits
The city monitors the flow of documents, saving time and improving customer service.
- Buying Shoes in 20 Seconds
A Brazilian company has developed a solution to simplify the checkout process for retail footwear, and has tested customers' experience with RFID technology at a laboratory store.
- Decathlon Scores a Big Win With RFID
The French sporting goods retailer is tracking most of its products from factories to more than 1,000 stores in 25 countries.
- SupplySentry Keeps a Lookout on Inventory for Package Printers
All Printing Resources developed an RFID solution to manage supplies at customer sites, which delivers benefits to clients as well as its own business.
- Small Repair Business Streamlines Processes
Stoll & Co., in Ohio, uses RFID to manage the roughly 12,000 watches it handles monthly, improving productivity and customer service.
- RFID Captures the Action on Hawaiian Zip Line
Princeville Ranch Adventure Tours uses Snapsportz, an automated photography system, to boost revenue and improve customer service.
- Post Foods Adds NFC to Cereal Marketing Mix
Concertgoers accessed custom songs and video with their smartphones.
- Electronic Invoices Reduce Paper Consumption
The Taiwan Fiscal Information Agency uses RFID and NFC technologies to enable shoppers to receive e-receipts.
- Hy-Vee Supermarkets Track Perishables to Ensure Freshness
Suppliers include RFID temperature tags in shipments to the retailer's distribution centers, and the DCs reuse the tags to monitor goods en route to the stores.
- Marks & Spencer Embraces Change
Based on the benefits achieved from RFID-tracking all apparel—and recognizing the importance of omnichannel shopping—the U.K. retailer plans to tag all general merchandise in stores.
- The Economic Benefits of Going Green
The city and residents of Grand Rapids, Mich., are benefiting from RFID-based recycling and garbage-collection solutions.