- Marks & Spencer Rolls Out RFID to All Its Stores
The U.K. retailer is updating its radio frequency identification technology as it moves to tag all apparel and hard goods.
- RFID Monitors Students' Beverages
Florida high schools use the technology to limit refills and control costs.
- Extracting New Value From Old Printers
HP Brazil is leveraging the RFID information in its tagged ink-jet printers to recycle plastics.
- RFID for Small Ski Resorts
Blue Hills Ski Area and Campgaw Mountain deployed an RFID ticketing and access-control solution to improve business operations.
- Brazil's Valdac Turns to RFID for Style and Savings
The technology proves to be the perfect match for a new fashion store model.
- 2011 RFID Journal Award Winner: RFID Green Award—The Greening of Mission Foods
RFID made it economically feasible for the tortilla manufacturer to switch from disposable corrugated boxes to reusable plastic containers.
- 2011 RFID Journal Award Winner: Best RFID Implementation—Gerry Weber's Pain-Free RFID Revolution
The clothing designer and retailer tracks garments from manufacturing sites to warehouses and retail stores, to improve inventory management and deter theft.
- 2011 RFID Journal Award Winner: Best Use of RFID to Enhance a Product or Service—RFID Delivers a Royal Payback
Royal Caribbean is installing self-service soft drink machines on its entire fleet of 22 cruise ships, keeping guests happy and generating explosive profits.
- A Diamond Ping
Steinmetz Diamond Group uses RFID to track, manage and secure tiny, highly valuable gemstones.
- Hotel Employs RFID to Woo Guests
Starwood Hotels and Resorts offers an automatic check-in program, designed to appeal to tech-savvy travelers.
- Fishy Business: RFID Automates Seafood Outlets
Sweden's Laxbutiken takes dining self-service to a new level at its LAXoMAT food stores.
- Creating a Unique Retail Experience
Common People blends chic ambiance, an eclectic mix of art and fashion, and RFID technology to wow consumers.
- RFID Warehouse Solution Delivers ROI Within Months
Mission Foods is tracking reusable plastic trays at the food supplier's Texas warehouse to reduce loss, and plans to roll out the RFID system to its 33 other U.S. facilities.
- 2010 RFID Journal Award: RFID Helps Ensure That Special Cup of Joe
Almacafe, the warehousing subsidiary of the National Federation of Coffee Growers of Colombia, tracks specialty coffee beans to better compete in the global market.
- Canadian Beef Processor Deploys RFID for Food Safety
Levinoff-Colbex instituted a monitoring system to quickly identify and track any animal products from potentially contaminated or diseased animals.