- Auto-ID Center Adds Five Sponsors
CVS Corp., Metro AG, Sara Lee Corp., Toppan Printing, and Zebra Technologies back the electronic product code effort.
- Group Studies Supply Chain Technology
Retailers, manufacturers and transportation companies will examine how new technologies work together in the supply chain.
- TSI Wins Prisoner Tracking Contract
An undisclosed prison in the Midwest will pay $3 million for an inmate tracking system that uses active RFID technology.
- Stealing Cars Will Get Tougher
Texas Instruments' new vehicle immobilizers will make it more difficult for owners to conspire to cheat insurance companies.
- Alien Demos Sub-10-cent RFID Tag
Alien Technology recently demonstrated the world's first low-cost RFID tag based on the Auto-ID Center's specification.
- Security for Wireless Java
NTRU, a startup that offers security software, has released of Java version of its NTRU encryption algorithm.
- Startup Makes Connections
NanoPierce, a company with a new way to attach antennas to chips has signed a letter of intent with a German label maker.
- CVS: RFID May Cure One Headache
The drugstore chain has joined the Auto-ID Center in the hope that RFID can ensure products haven't reached their expiration date.
- Expert: Invest in RFID Now
Companies that wait for RFID tag prices to fall to less than five cents will be left behind, says Spectra Consulting's Philip Calderbank.
- New Assa Abloy Smart Card Unit
Access ID subsidiary will focus on selling customized contactless RFID cards to universities and corporations.
- Chinese ID Card Boost for Industry
Frost & Sullivan says China\'s much-debated national identification card would provide a needed boost for the smart card industry.
- RFID Motion Sensor for Security
By Andrew Price
Axcess has unveiled a new RFID tag that can detect the unauthorized movement of anything from PCs to missiles.
- RFID, Bluetooth Keys for Telecom
Machines communicating via RFID and Bluetooth connections could help save the telecom sector, says Forrester.
- Scanpak Completes Aviva Takeover
Scanpak will be able to integrate RFID data with legacy applications and push the information to desktops and mobile devices.
- Savi, Qualcomm Join Forces
Savi Technology is teaming up with Qualcomm, a leader in mobile communications, to offer global supply chain tracking.