- Partners to Track Airline Carts
eLSG.SkyChefs and Scanpak offer the airline catering industry a way to track food carts anywhere in the world.
- Smart License May Cut Car Theft
Infineon Technologies has teamed with two other German companies to create an intelligent license tag, or "iltag."
- Kodak Pictures RFID Benefits
The film company has backed the Auto-ID Center because it believes RFID can have significant benefits for manufacturers.
- ABI: RFID Market Remains Weak
By Bob Violino
Confusion about low-cost tags, cutbacks in capital spending and a lack of skilled integrators is limited demand.
- Amusement Parks Adopting RFID
RFID is being used in attractions and as a convenient way to pay for everything from lockers to refreshments.
- SAMSys CEO Offers Read On RFID
CEO Cliff Horwitz recently spoke to RFID Journal about the need for standards and the growth of the industry.
- Auto-ID Center Field Test Report
Network software "worked as designed," but only 78 percent of the off-the-shelf tags were read during the trial.
- IBM Launches New RFID Services
By Bob Violino
IBM is expanding into RFID with a new services initiative called "E-business to Smart Machines."
- Philips' New Low-Frequency Chips
The company says its Hitag S chip is cheaper, requires less power, and offers a longer read range.
- FEIG Unveils Reader Module
The German manufacturer has introduced a new RFID reader module that can read both ISO14443 and ISO15693 transponders.
- Savi To Develop Disposable E-Seal
Savi Technology is teaming with OneSeal to create a disposable, low-cost electronic bolt seal for securing cargo containers.
- First RFID/Bar Code Scanner
NCR recently showed off a prototype for a point-of-sale device that can read both bar codes and RFID labels.
- NASA Unveils Spray-On Circuits
The space agency showed how it can spray a thin film of metal on any object to create RF antennas and electronic circuits.
- Alien Technology Seen in Chicago
At a conference this week, the world finally got to see the startups low-cost RFID tags in action.
- Event Highlights RFID Industry Rift
Speakers presented conflicting visions of where RFID is going and what it can do for businesses at a conference this week.