- Michelin Embeds RFID Tags in Tires
The tire maker has begun testing a UHF transponder that it adapted for use inside rubber sidewalls.
- Yellow Corp Takes RFID on the Road
The company is demonstrating RFID technology at its conference this week, and it may launch a pilot.
- Army Tests RFID for Access Control
A test in New Jersey is part of an ongoing effort to become more efficient without sacrificing security.
- Manhattan Associates Gets RFID
The Atlanta software company will enhance its supply chain execution product to accept RFID data.
- War Game Exposes Cargo Threat
RFID could help prevent the massive economic disruption that would be caused by a dirty bomb hidden in a shipping container.
- Track Vehicles by Cell or Satellite
RJI's new vehicle-tracking unit switches to satellite communications in areas with no cellular coverage.
- Matrics Touts Smallest RFID Chip
The company's next-generation UHF integrated circuit will be half the size of a grain of sand.
- SAMSys Awarded RFID Patent
The RFID reader maker has developed an approach to identifying items, even when every tag can't be read.
- Gillette Confirms RFID Purchase
Update: Gillette has confirmed that it will purchase up to 500 million RFID tags from Alien Technology.
- Can RFID Protect the Beef Supply?
By Bob Violino
An expert from Kansas State University says, Yes, but several issues need to be resolved, including cost and performance of RFID tags and readers.
- The Prospects for 2003
Many companies will begin RFID pilots in 2003, says AMR's Peter Abell, but getting tags could be a problem.
- Vendors Team to Optimize DCs
WhereNet and Elogex want to help companies to get the right truck to the right dock door at the right time.
- Financing for RFID Prison System
GE Public Finance will offer special rates to states deploying cutting-edge prisoner tracking technology.
- RFID for Reverse Logistics
A startup plans to use RFID to turn the problem of returns into an opportunity to generate new revenue.
- Vendor Unveils Security System
Cross Point of the Netherlands is introducing an RFID security and asset-tracking system.