- Vendors Team to Optimize DCs
WhereNet and Elogex want to help companies to get the right truck to the right dock door at the right time.
- Financing for RFID Prison System
GE Public Finance will offer special rates to states deploying cutting-edge prisoner tracking technology.
- RFID for Reverse Logistics
A startup plans to use RFID to turn the problem of returns into an opportunity to generate new revenue.
- Vendor Unveils Security System
Cross Point of the Netherlands is introducing an RFID security and asset-tracking system.
- Gemplus Board Resolves Dispute
Alex Mandl has been confirmed as CEO and two board members were ousted, ending a year of turmoil.
- Auto-ID Center Courts Europe
Auto-ID Center director Helen Duce spoke to RFID Journal about the center's efforts in Europe in 2003.
- MasterCard to Test RFID Card
Pilot will test whether consumers, merchants and credit card issuers value "contactless" payments.
- Matrics Makes Security Push
The RFID technology provider says it will market its UHF system for homeland security applications.
- US Tests Cargo Security System
Six-month pilot by the departments of defense and transportation will use e-seals and satellite communications.
- Identix Misses Revenue Target
Budgetary problems in Washington and the dramatic drop in technology spending by companies have hurt sales.
- Alien CTO Joins Auto-ID Center
By Bob Violino
Roger Stewart will work on new specifications for EPC tags and offer consulting services on patent issues.
- RFID's Weak Link: Software Apps
AMR Research says only 1 percent of the 550 RFID companies it tracks offer RFID-enabled software applications.
- Turck Offers Industrial RFID Products
Noise-resistant system is more accuracy in factories where there is electromagnetic interference.
- Smart Card Companies Slash Jobs
By Bob Violino
Gemplus will eliminate 1,000 positions and Schlumberger will shed 3,300 employees amid continued weakness in the industry.
- Label-Making Advance Touted
Blackstone Technology says its reel-to reel process is 10 times faster than conventional machines.