- Study Sees Exceptional Wal-Mart Mandate Compliance
A new report from consulting firm Incucomm of Dallas, Texas, represents the most recent hard data on the progress of the Wal-Mart RFID mandate.
- ThingMagic Leverages Linux for Flexible, Upgradeable Reader
With an embedded version of the Linux operating system at the core, RFID readers from ThingMagic can be produced and sold quite competitively.
- Electronics Manufacturers Aggressive with RFID
Consumer electronics companies are strong believers in the promise of RFID to wring savings out of the supply chain, and Accenture has the client roster to prove it.
- Zebra Seen as Strong RFID Stock Choice
An analysis that makes a strong case for Zebra Technologies as the investment vehicle of choice for riding the RFID wave.
- RFID News Roundup
By Bob Violino
Preco partners with Conductive Inkjet Technology; Dover Technologies acquires Datamax; RFID-enabled kiosk ready to sell.
- RFID News Roundup
By Andrew Price
VeriChip announces IPO; RFID consortium to hold open workshop; Nordic ID rolls out UHF handheld for Europe; RFID maturing rapidly, says report; firms partner on retail RFID solutions; do-it-yourselfers devise tag killer.
- RFID Budgets Play Catch Up
By Jonathan Collins
After failing to meet previously predicted levels, spending on RFID is expected to grow three to five times in 2005.
- Bar Coding for Item Tracking
By Mary Catherine O'Connor
A New York-based firm says it has developed a serialized bar coding system to track products through the supply chain, as an alternative to RFID.
- Advocating a Hybrid Approach to RFID
The supply chain of the future will not depend on RFID alone but instead a combination of RFID (both passive and active), bar codes, GPS, and sensors.
- Intermec Expects First Licensing Deal in Q1
Intermec expects to sign its first licensing agreements before the second quarter of this year.
- Large Tech Consultancies May Take RFID Jobs From Smaller Shops
According to ABI Research of Oyster Bay, New York, 2005 will see two significant shifts in the way retailer suppliers are implementing RFID.
- RFID Plans Underway at the Social Security Administration
USA TODAY yesterday ran an article profiling the Social Security Administration's cutting edge RFID plans.
- Advanced ID Reels in Big Fish Tagging Contract
Advanced ID Corporation has landed a contract valued at $135,000 to RFID tag fish in Canada's Atlantic waters.
- Don't Expect RFID Miracles in 2005
Will 2005 be "The Year of RFID"? Probably not, according to this article by InformationWeek.
- Digital Angel Positions Itself for Livestock-Tagging Demand
News of another mad cow disease case coincided with an announcement by Digital Angel that it had shipped 265,000 RFID tags designed for livestock tracking to its Canadian distributors.