- Vendors Team to Optimize DCs
WhereNet and Elogex want to help companies to get the right truck to the right dock door at the right time.
- RFID for Reverse Logistics
A startup plans to use RFID to turn the problem of returns into an opportunity to generate new revenue.
- Smart Sensors Use on the Rise
Manufacturers are designing low-cost smart sensors into everything from washing machines to cars.
- Lockheed to Use RFID on Shop Floor
The company has awarded a $5.15 million contract to Epic Data to install a shop floor data collection system using RFID.
- New Unit for Active Smart Labels
Power Paper plans to design battery-powered labels for specific applications.
- Kodak Pictures RFID Benefits
The film company has backed the Auto-ID Center because it believes RFID can have significant benefits for manufacturers.
- Alien Technology Seen in Chicago
At a conference this week, the world finally got to see the startups low-cost RFID tags in action.
- Intermec Unveils New Fixed Reader
New Intellitag fixed reader is available in both the 915 MHz and 2.45 GHz frequency bands, with four antenna ports.
- New RFID Platform For Automakers
Athena Integration has introduced a software suite that uses data from RFID tags to transform manufacturing operations.
- Auto-ID Center Makes Its Case
White Papers say a retailer with 800 stores could save $150 million per year from tracking individual items.
- Brooks-PRI Takes Over Hermos
Brooks-PRI Automation has completed its $41 million acquisition of Hermos Informatik GmbH, an RFID systems provider.
- Auto-ID Center Opens Demo Lab
The center today opened a robotic demonstration lab at its facility in Cambridge, England, to show off RFID's manufacturing capabilities.
- Expro To Use RFID In Oil Wells
UK oil services company has signed a deal with In-Depth Systems to provide RFID technology that can trigger equipment inside oil wells.