- IoT Sensor Solution Identifies Equipment Failures Before They Happen
Equipment manufacturers and users have begun utilizing a wireless system from ServiceMax that employs RFID and other technology to capture sensor data about a piece of equipment, and to identify problems as soon as a change in performance is detected.
- Leaders Representing Retail and Apparel Industries to Discuss RFID's Benefits at LIVE! 2017
RFID Journal's 15th annual event will feature a retail and apparel conference track, a general-session panel and a special retail workshop.
- Factory Reduces Order-Fulfillment Time by 20 Percent
Leal, which produces and markets personal protective equipment, has adopted an RFID solution from PC Sistemas, along with Totvs' enterprise resource planning system.
- RFID Will Deliver Drink Orders On the Go
Technology startup Shotput's system will enable consumer app-based orders of beverages or other products, from a mobile unit equipped with radio frequency identification, in order to provide automated dispensing and restocks.
- LIVE! 2017 to Feature Exhibitors from a Record 25 Countries
RFID Journal's upcoming event has attracted the top RFID companies from around the world.
- Universal Tire Label Boasts Reliable Reads on Nearly Any Tire
Ferm RFID Solutions' universal tire tread label is designed to adhere to a tire's tread and track its movement through the supply chain, even when tires are stacked on metal racks.
- City Launches IoT Lab for Technology Innovation
IoT Lab-Fishers has signed on 50 members so far, with an opening date slated for this summer to begin Internet of Things-based research and development to serve manufacturing, farming and logistics.
- Vitamix Adds RFID to Its Food Blenders
The new products are designed with customer safety and convenience in mind.
- BLE Eavesdrops on Machine Health With Augury System
The IoT startup has developed a Bluetooth Low Energy-based solution for sensors that detect the health of HVAC and other equipment, and transmit that data to a server for analysis of the machines' health status.
- RFID Stacks Up for Paper Roll Management
Arab Paper Manufacturing is employing a UHF-based solution from Saudi RFID integrator Tanweer United Co. to identify rolls of paper products stacked four rolls high in warehouses and then loaded onto trucks.
- New Handheld RFID Reader Locates Tags Within Centimeters
AsReader's ASR-R250G reader, paired with a smartphone, employs software from RFLocus and can display the locations of tagged items in 3D from a range of about 10 meters.
- RFID Saves Man-Hours, Boosts Safety at Middle East Construction Project
Consolidated Contracting Co. has managed the flow of workers onto and off its Oman and UAE sites for safety and efficiency purposes, using Identec Solutions' active UHF RFID badges, UHF readers at gates and LF exciters installed under speed bumps.
- JADAK to Purchase ThingMagic
The $20 million acquisition will allow the medical device technology provider to expand its offerings further into UHF RFID products and solutions, as well as service the government, hospitality and manufacturing industries.
- Kiremko Adds RFID to Potato-Cutting Machinery
The firm's KnifeGuard system can help food manufacturers reduce operational errors and more efficiently manage and maintain cutting blades.
- Tapestry Solutions Commercializes Enterprise-wide IoT System
The commercial solution for global manufacturers and other firms, dubbed Enterprise Sensor Integration, is based on a 50-site-wide middleware platform developed for Boeing to manage 80 different systems using RFID or other sensors to track assets, inventory and work in progress.