- ShelfAware RFID System Brings Visibility to Industrial Components
O-ring's newly patented system allows the supplier and its customers to track which components are onsite at any given time, via an RFID tag on each part, as well as readers at the storage area to identify when parts arrive at and leave the area.
- Company Boosts Sensitivity and Shortens Length of Its RFID Yarn
Primo1D's E-Thread is being tested by industrial and textile companies to track parts and products that do not lend themselves well to an affixed RFID tag.
- HID Global Offers BLE Solution for People-Locating
The system enables companies to better manage their workforce, contractors or visitors via a beacon receiver and a Bluetooth Low Energy-enabled ID badge, with a cloud-based server tracking the locations of individuals and providing alerts and analytics to company management.
- IoT Sensor Solution Identifies Equipment Failures Before They Happen
Equipment manufacturers and users have begun utilizing a wireless system from ServiceMax that employs RFID and other technology to capture sensor data about a piece of equipment, and to identify problems as soon as a change in performance is detected.
- Leaders Representing Retail and Apparel Industries to Discuss RFID's Benefits at LIVE! 2017
RFID Journal's 15th annual event will feature a retail and apparel conference track, a general-session panel and a special retail workshop.
- Factory Reduces Order-Fulfillment Time by 20 Percent
Leal, which produces and markets personal protective equipment, has adopted an RFID solution from PC Sistemas, along with Totvs' enterprise resource planning system.
- RFID Will Deliver Drink Orders On the Go
Technology startup Shotput's system will enable consumer app-based orders of beverages or other products, from a mobile unit equipped with radio frequency identification, in order to provide automated dispensing and restocks.
- LIVE! 2017 to Feature Exhibitors from a Record 25 Countries
RFID Journal's upcoming event has attracted the top RFID companies from around the world.
- Universal Tire Label Boasts Reliable Reads on Nearly Any Tire
Ferm RFID Solutions' universal tire tread label is designed to adhere to a tire's tread and track its movement through the supply chain, even when tires are stacked on metal racks.
- City Launches IoT Lab for Technology Innovation
IoT Lab-Fishers has signed on 50 members so far, with an opening date slated for this summer to begin Internet of Things-based research and development to serve manufacturing, farming and logistics.
- Vitamix Adds RFID to Its Food Blenders
The new products are designed with customer safety and convenience in mind.
- BLE Eavesdrops on Machine Health With Augury System
The IoT startup has developed a Bluetooth Low Energy-based solution for sensors that detect the health of HVAC and other equipment, and transmit that data to a server for analysis of the machines' health status.
- RFID Stacks Up for Paper Roll Management
Arab Paper Manufacturing is employing a UHF-based solution from Saudi RFID integrator Tanweer United Co. to identify rolls of paper products stacked four rolls high in warehouses and then loaded onto trucks.
- New Handheld RFID Reader Locates Tags Within Centimeters
AsReader's ASR-R250G reader, paired with a smartphone, employs software from RFLocus and can display the locations of tagged items in 3D from a range of about 10 meters.
- RFID Saves Man-Hours, Boosts Safety at Middle East Construction Project
Consolidated Contracting Co. has managed the flow of workers onto and off its Oman and UAE sites for safety and efficiency purposes, using Identec Solutions' active UHF RFID badges, UHF readers at gates and LF exciters installed under speed bumps.