- ATK Tracks Composite Aircraft Parts Manufactured at Its Plant
As the company prepares for 12-fold growth, it is using passive UHF RFID tags to monitor the lifespan of composite materials, and to track the production of aircraft parts and the molds used to form them.
- RFID Reduces Oxygen-Generator Waste for Delta Air Lines
The company is attaching William Frick RFID labels to the generators, and using Motorola handheld readers and AeroCheck software to ensure the units don't expire and are not discarded prematurely.
- Avery Dennison's New Tags Target Challenging Use Cases
The company has released seven EPC Gen 2 UHF inlays and labels for use in hard-to-read environments, such as on metal or near liquids, as well as for applications requiring durable or small tags.
- Coster Group Boosts Logistics Efficiency
The Italian packaging-components manufacturer is installing a UHF RFID system at all of its production and distribution facilities, to help track the location and status of products as they are produced, stored and shipped.
- RFID Boosts Safety and Efficiency at UTC Climate, Controls and Security
At RFID Journal LIVE! 2013, the materials manager at the company—which manufactures Carrier air-conditioners—described the process of identifying and implementing a radio frequency identification system at its Tennessee plant.
- Airbus Guides EADS Divisions' RFID Adoption
Speaking at RFID Journal LIVE! 2013, managers from Eurocopter, Cassidian and Astrium explained how they are launching RTLS and passive RFID solutions based on learnings from Airbus, which is using the technology to track aircraft parts and tools.
- Nordson Asymtek Adds RFID to Its Industrial Fluid Dispensers
The company is offering an RFID-enabled version of its Genius Jet system, designed to ensure that the correct cartridge is being employed to apply the proper amount of adhesive, filler, paint and other fluid for each job.
- Fraunhofer IFF Develops Tracking Solution Using RFID, GPS and Cellular Technology
The system features a device designed to locate large items in storage yards by transmitting its GPS location via a cellular connection, using RFID technology to link the tracking unit to the object to which it attached.
- Impinj Unveils New UHF Readers for RTLS Applications, Embedding in Other Devices
The xArray can interrogate UHF RFID tags within a 40-foot diameter and identify an item's location, while the Indy RS500 system-in-package chip provides a simplified way to add reader functionality to a device.
- New Alien UHF Tags Target Challenging Retail Environments
The company has released three tags offering improved functionality, for use when items are packed tightly and tag orientation is skewed, when handheld readers are utilized and when metal and liquid are present.
- Walter Knoll Boosts Accuracy for Product Shipment, Returns
The German furniture company is using a UHF passive RFID system to track when its products are manufactured, stored at its warehouse, shipped or returned, increasing the accuracy and efficiency of its supply chain.
- Russian Tag Company Reaches for a Worldwide Audience
Mikron, which makes Moscow Metro's RFID-enabled subway tickets, is marketing its HF and UHF passive tags through new distributor GoGlobal, with a focus on logistics and retail applications.
- CCC Expands RFID Pilot Projects
Consolidated Contractors Co., which is employing radio frequency identification to manage personnel using a combination of passive and active RFID badges, plans to launch new deployments to track pipe spools at industrial construction sites.
- Bloomingdale's, Carrier Top Keynote Speaker Lineup at RFID Journal LIVE! 2013
The two companies, along with BP, Vail Resorts and EADS, will offer presentations at this year's conference and exhibition, being held from Apr. 30 to May 2, in Orlando, Fla.
- NDSU Researchers Develop Method for Embedding RFID in Paper
The North Dakota State University group claims that its laser-based RFID inlay assembly method can be used to inexpensively incorporate tags into paper items, such as tickets and banknotes.