- Tapestry Solutions Commercializes Enterprise-wide IoT System
The commercial solution for global manufacturers and other firms, dubbed Enterprise Sensor Integration, is based on a 50-site-wide middleware platform developed for Boeing to manage 80 different systems using RFID or other sensors to track assets, inventory and work in progress.
- Oxford Reaches RFID ROI Within 12 Months
The largest ceramic and porcelain maker in the Americas reports that it has achieved a return on its first investment in the technology, eliminating errors in its product-delivery process.
- RFID Helps Automate Paper Products Manufacturing
WEPA is using technology from Vilant Systems, as well as RFID-enabled cardboard reel cores, to identify each jumbo reel of paper used to make toilet paper, paper towels and other products.
- RFID to Help Consumers Know if Olive Oil Is Really Extra-Virgin
Several Italian producers are integrating Thinfilm NFC tags into their bottles' labels, enabling purchasers to verify the products' authenticity, as well as access other information.
- Tire Industry Works Toward Global RFID-Tagging Standards
Mesnac, Michelin and other tire companies are seeking ISO ratification of four standards that specify how RFID tags are applied to tires, and how they are encoded and tested.
- RFID Journal Updates Categories for 11th Annual Awards
To better reflect the current state of RFID adoption, the RFID Journal Awards will now highlight the technology's best deployments in retail, manufacturing and health care, as well as in logistics and supply chain.
- RFID Brings Visibility to LCD Flat Display Manufacturer
Innolux is using passive UHF RFID tags embedded in the ground, as well as attached to containers, pallets and forklifts, to make sure that the correct goods and materials are being received and shipped out.
- Clothing, Car-Cover Manufacturers Track Work-in-Progress via RFID
The companies are using an NFC-based system from Shopfloor to view who completed which tasks, in order to identify assembly bottlenecks, facilitate quality control and monitor worker productivity.
- Manufacturer Tracks Scaffolding Products Via Beacon-Based RTLS
Altrad is using Smartly's SINTRA system to track the locations of steel scaffolding tagged with Bluetooth beacons, with Samsung phones and tablets functioning as tag readers.
- RFID Platform Tracks HP Brazil's Manufacturing, Distribution
The company's cloud-based platform, Exceler8 - Innovating Industry 4.0, provides visibility into status of the desktop, laptop and tablet PCs it produces—yielding a range of benefits.
- Meggitt Polymers & Composites Uses RFID to Track Aircraft Components, Materials
The company's San Diego plant is employing a GlobeRanger RFID- and sensor-based solution to track the work-in-progress of engine components, and plans to use the system to automate mold press settings.
- RFID Journal to Provide Education to Address Accelerating RFID Adoption in Aerospace, Defense
The company will hold its RFID in Aerospace and Defense event in Long Beach, Calif., on Oct. 20.
- RFID News Roundup
Omni-ID releases extreme-temperature RFID tag ••• CSL licenses RFID patents from Round Rock Research ••• Schreiner ProTech intros high-temp-resistant RFID label for the auto industry ••• DHL SmartSensors track more than 100 million health-care, drug shipments ••• FleetCor completes acquisition of STP.
- RFID News Roundup
Fujitsu to provide GlobeRanger manufacturing IoT solution to Baker Hill Industries ••• ABI Research reports growth of BLE beacon shipments in IoT, RTLS, personal/asset tracking ••• HID Global announces new all-purpose RAIN UHF RFID tags ••• SML adds support for iOS, Android, Windows 10 mobile devices to RFID app platform ••• NFC Ring unveils payment ring with Infineon contactless security chip.
- Manure-Processing Equipment Maker Employs NFC
Nutrient Control Systems is adopting NFC RFID technology to make it easier for farmers and its other customers to access information about its products.