- Vitamix Adds RFID to Its Food Blenders
The new products are designed with customer safety and convenience in mind.
- BLE Eavesdrops on Machine Health With Augury System
The IoT startup has developed a Bluetooth Low Energy-based solution for sensors that detect the health of HVAC and other equipment, and transmit that data to a server for analysis of the machines' health status.
- RFID Stacks Up for Paper Roll Management
Arab Paper Manufacturing is employing a UHF-based solution from Saudi RFID integrator Tanweer United Co. to identify rolls of paper products stacked four rolls high in warehouses and then loaded onto trucks.
- New Handheld RFID Reader Locates Tags Within Centimeters
AsReader's ASR-R250G reader, paired with a smartphone, employs software from RFLocus and can display the locations of tagged items in 3D from a range of about 10 meters.
- RFID Saves Man-Hours, Boosts Safety at Middle East Construction Project
Consolidated Contracting Co. has managed the flow of workers onto and off its Oman and UAE sites for safety and efficiency purposes, using Identec Solutions' active UHF RFID badges, UHF readers at gates and LF exciters installed under speed bumps.
- JADAK to Purchase ThingMagic
The $20 million acquisition will allow the medical device technology provider to expand its offerings further into UHF RFID products and solutions, as well as service the government, hospitality and manufacturing industries.
- Kiremko Adds RFID to Potato-Cutting Machinery
The firm's KnifeGuard system can help food manufacturers reduce operational errors and more efficiently manage and maintain cutting blades.
- Tapestry Solutions Commercializes Enterprise-wide IoT System
The commercial solution for global manufacturers and other firms, dubbed Enterprise Sensor Integration, is based on a 50-site-wide middleware platform developed for Boeing to manage 80 different systems using RFID or other sensors to track assets, inventory and work in progress.
- Oxford Reaches RFID ROI Within 12 Months
The largest ceramic and porcelain maker in the Americas reports that it has achieved a return on its first investment in the technology, eliminating errors in its product-delivery process.
- RFID Helps Automate Paper Products Manufacturing
WEPA is using technology from Vilant Systems, as well as RFID-enabled cardboard reel cores, to identify each jumbo reel of paper used to make toilet paper, paper towels and other products.
- RFID to Help Consumers Know if Olive Oil Is Really Extra-Virgin
Several Italian producers are integrating Thinfilm NFC tags into their bottles' labels, enabling purchasers to verify the products' authenticity, as well as access other information.
- Tire Industry Works Toward Global RFID-Tagging Standards
Mesnac, Michelin and other tire companies are seeking ISO ratification of four standards that specify how RFID tags are applied to tires, and how they are encoded and tested.
- RFID Journal Updates Categories for 11th Annual Awards
To better reflect the current state of RFID adoption, the RFID Journal Awards will now highlight the technology's best deployments in retail, manufacturing and health care, as well as in logistics and supply chain.
- RFID Brings Visibility to LCD Flat Display Manufacturer
Innolux is using passive UHF RFID tags embedded in the ground, as well as attached to containers, pallets and forklifts, to make sure that the correct goods and materials are being received and shipped out.
- Clothing, Car-Cover Manufacturers Track Work-in-Progress via RFID
The companies are using an NFC-based system from Shopfloor to view who completed which tasks, in order to identify assembly bottlenecks, facilitate quality control and monitor worker productivity.