- Vendors Team to Optimize DCs
WhereNet and Elogex want to help companies to get the right truck to the right dock door at the right time.
- US Tests Cargo Security System
Six-month pilot by the departments of defense and transportation will use e-seals and satellite communications.
- Low-Cost Satellite Tracking Offered
AeroAstro, a micro-satellite supplier, has launched a new device for tracking goods in transit that costs just $349.
- Partners To offer Air Cargo Tracking
Envirotainer and Savi Technology will develop a real-time asset tracking and security system for the air cargo industry.
- Nokia Tests Cell Phone Tracking
The Finnish phone maker will embed chips in individual cell phones and track them from manufacturing to retail locations.
- SKU Picking in the DC Goes Mobile
FKI Logistex's mobile pick-to-light system speeds up the processes of finding and picking slow moving items in a warehouse.
- RFID Speeds Border Crossings
Chinese customs hopes to reduce smuggling and improve the flow of traffic by using RFID at Shenzhen border.
- SAP To Demo RFID Replenishment
At its Sapphire user conference this week, the software company will show how systems can react automatically to RFID data.