- Axcess Back from the Brink
The company has secured new funding and has introduced a new product, an RFID container seal.
- Savi Wins $90M RFID Contract
The US military has awarded a three-year contract to extend its Total Asset Visibility network.
- RFID Benefits Span Supply Chain
New business cases published by the Auto-ID Center suggest that RFID will have widespread benefits.
- Yellow Corp Takes RFID on the Road
The company is demonstrating RFID technology at its conference this week, and it may launch a pilot.
- Manhattan Associates Gets RFID
The Atlanta software company will enhance its supply chain execution product to accept RFID data.
- War Game Exposes Cargo Threat
RFID could help prevent the massive economic disruption that would be caused by a dirty bomb hidden in a shipping container.
- Track Vehicles by Cell or Satellite
RJI's new vehicle-tracking unit switches to satellite communications in areas with no cellular coverage.
- SAMSys Awarded RFID Patent
The RFID reader maker has developed an approach to identifying items, even when every tag can't be read.
- The Prospects for 2003
Many companies will begin RFID pilots in 2003, says AMR's Peter Abell, but getting tags could be a problem.
- Vendors Team to Optimize DCs
WhereNet and Elogex want to help companies to get the right truck to the right dock door at the right time.
- US Tests Cargo Security System
Six-month pilot by the departments of defense and transportation will use e-seals and satellite communications.
- Low-Cost Satellite Tracking Offered
AeroAstro, a micro-satellite supplier, has launched a new device for tracking goods in transit that costs just $349.
- Partners To offer Air Cargo Tracking
Envirotainer and Savi Technology will develop a real-time asset tracking and security system for the air cargo industry.
- Nokia Tests Cell Phone Tracking
The Finnish phone maker will embed chips in individual cell phones and track them from manufacturing to retail locations.
- SKU Picking in the DC Goes Mobile
FKI Logistex's mobile pick-to-light system speeds up the processes of finding and picking slow moving items in a warehouse.